Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Leave it Stock

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I drive a Honda
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously the RS package is intriguing and takes care of what in my opinion 'needs' to be done to the Camaro, but I personally believe the price will be beyond what it includes. Don't get me wrong halo's are cool and and red SS badges sounds awesome, but I'd prefer to do things myself. First off, my car will have one badge and that's the Chevy badge everything else will be gone (so this eliminates the need for special red SS badges). I want to pick my own rims, I want to pick my own HIDS ( They will probably be 4300k stock - which is far to white for my liking, I'd much prefer 6k's or 6800k's), and I would prefer to not have Halo's as a dislike the foreign look. As far as the RS package only rear lights, my tail lights will be blacked out regardless so the special rear lights doesn't appeal much.

What is your thoughts? Expensive RS package or DIY?

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I'll be choosing the RS package. I like everything it has, and I like the fact that it will come from the factory with these changes. I don't want to have to do anything to the car once I get it (except maybe exhaust, if they don't have an option).

Nothing wrong with customizing your car, but it's not for me.

Reactions: breakx

·
I drive a Honda
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Maybe the fact I drive a modified Honda, no don't ban me! Makes me want to modify it, but yeah a SLP Loudmouth is going on my garage kept beauty. I want to scare little kids. And I value the 'I' factor I want my car to be mine unlike anyone elses.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'll be getting the RS package. I'm going to keep my first new Camaro SS showroom stock and I want it to be as fully loaded as I can afford. However, I'm already thinking 12 or 15 years down the road about getting a used 5th Gen Camaro (Maybe a B4C, if Chevy offers a cop package) and modifying the bejeezus out of that one.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I'll be choosing the RS package. I like everything it has, and I like the fact that it will come from the factory with these changes. I don't want to have to do anything to the car once I get it (except maybe exhaust, if they don't have an option).

Don't feel bad, these are my thoughts also. I'm a driver, not a fixer.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I drive a 94 Vette and a 93 F150. I'm tired of being a fixer. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts

Same here

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I definitely want the RS Package.

Halos, Blackened tail lamps and a rear spoiler sound great (along with the other stuff on the RS package I can't think of lol) and I personally don't care about price......as long as it's under 7K.....

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I definitely want the RS Package.

Halos, Blackened tail lamps and a rear spoiler sound great (along with the other stuff on the RS package I can't think of lol) and I personally don't care about price......as long as it's under 7K.....
For the whole car or just the RS package? :D

If that "appearance package" on the SS isn't a LOT less than that, then they won't sell any.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The RS package will looks really nice. Mostly because the 18" rims look terrible, and with the 19" at least I wont be to embarised to drive the camaro till I buy new rims. :D

But besides that I like what the RS adds to the car, it will depend on the price tho if I take it.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I am going RS/SS. The only thing I might change is the addition of an old-design SS badge in the center of the grill and tailpanel. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
897 Posts
I really like the RS package. I want the halos, but I'm not sure if it will be worth the money because I plan on taking off any spoiler that comes on the car, and going aftermarket for the wheels, as well as looking into different rear view mirrors. And I do agree with LT16SPEED that I will also be placing an SS logo in the place of the bowtie on the front grille.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Yeah, I was being facetious. There's no way the RS package will cost 7k.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Luck for me I'm in the aftermarket business (Jeeps mainly) so I can get things for rides @ cost :D , but I prefer factory parts...

If the RS package includes/ the Boston Acoustics Stereo w/ iPod/iPhone compatibility, HID headlights, Ambient lights, Power windows w/ express up/down on both for under $2k I'll get it...

Exhaust, wheels, tires, intake, tuner & etc. I'll take care of on my own.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts