Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have any pics of what the RS package offers when a 2SS base line package is selected. ie tail lights etc what lettering is displayed on the fron and rear of the car RS or SS? and is it worth the extra $ ?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I was debating the same thing but after considering that I already had the spoiler/20' wheels/ss badges with the 2ss I decided not to step it up to the 2ss/rs

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
As noted here:
http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7048

With 2SS, RS includes:

HID headlamps with "halo ring"
20-inch 5-spoke wheel with Midnight Silver paint finish
RS-unique tail lamps
Body-color roof ditch molding
Red SS badges on driver's side grille and passenger side trunk lid

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
Does any one have any pics of what the RS package offers when a 2SS base line package is selected. ie tail lights etc what lettering is displayed on the front and rear of the car RS or SS? and is it worth the extra $ ?
Here is a collage I spliced together from SS and RS photos I have downloaded...

1) the Silver SS badging from what I have read will simply be "filled-in" with Red "SS" badging front and rear, 2) the SS/RS will have the Halo-Ring HID headlamps from the RS (this seems to motivate most who order an SS/RS), and 3) the darkened "afterburner" tail lamps on the RS would also be on an SS/RS.

For me, I can live w/o the HIDs with Halo-Rings (plan to see PLENTY of those on M3s in my rear-view mirror :lol: ), and I can easily get "afterburner" tail lamps later I would think. The body-color roof ditch molding is a yawner for me :D , and I am getting the 20" polished wheel package, so I am set with my "stock" Victory Red Super Sport!

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
As noted here:
http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7048

With 2SS, RS includes:

HID headlamps with "halo ring"
20-inch 5-spoke wheel with Midnight Silver paint finish
RS-unique tail lamps
Body-color roof ditch molding
Red SS badges on driver's side grille and passenger side trunk lid
Great minds think alike...but I think I am more of a "visual" person than you... :rotflmao:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
So your sure that the SS badges are what you get, even if the RS package is selected right?
couldn't be surer.;) you get different colored 'SS' badges.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Does any one have any pics of what the RS package offers when a 2SS base line package is selected. ie tail lights etc what lettering is displayed on the fron and rear of the car RS or SS? and is it worth the extra $ ?
See the following thread for pics of SS/RS, note the red SS emblems that denote RS package. Non-RS SS has silver SS emblems as others have said.

http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8566

Hope this helps,
Clyde

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'd still like to know what roof ditch molding is.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
..it's the molding between the roof and the door.
My turn...if someone orders the RS package on a Black Camaro, do they get some $s back? :confused: :lol:

·
Registered
216 Posts
So what's the different between the normal tail lights and the RS. Cause i am not seeing much of a diffence.

·
Registered
216 Posts
i know they are sopost to be darker but i am just not seeing it. Maybe i need to get my eyes looked at lol

·
Registered
913 Posts
i know they are sopost to be darker but i am just not seeing it. Maybe i need to get my eyes looked at lol
See where it looks like the red lenses are black (darker) around the edge of the lenses themselves on the yellow car pictured?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.