Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

My credit union called me and said they may have a Camaro for me. Just wondering if the RS packages automatically comes standard with the 20" wheels????:confused:

In addition anyone can post a dark grey Camaro with silver stripes for reference?

Thanks,

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hello to all,

My credit union called me and said they may have a Camaro for me. Just wondering if the RS packages automatically comes standard with the 20" wheels????:confused:

In addition anyone can post a dark grey Camaro with silver stripes for reference?

Thanks,

Mail Clerk
20" wheels are standard with the RS package unless the person that ordered the car opted for 21" wheels. Also silver stripes would look great with Dark Gray Metallic paint.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
20" wheels are standard with the RS package unless the person that ordered the car opted for 21" wheels. Also silver stripes would look great with Dark Gray Metallic paint.
CyCam1,

Just wanted to make sure the 20" wheels came standard on the RS package....that's all. The car itself does have silver rallye stripes BUT I indicated I much prefer a more plain jane looking Camaro with only the RS badgeing to show.:thumbsup: That's how I like my Camaro.

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
CyCam1,

Just wanted to make sure the 20" wheels came standard on the RS package....that's all. The car itself does have silver rallye stripes BUT I indicated I much prefer a more plain jane looking Camaro with only the RS badgeing to show.:thumbsup: That's how I like my Camaro.

Mail Clerk
Mailclerk,

If its new and there not painted on have them taken off if you don't like them. You will still have to pay for them but you would get what "you" wanted and that's what counts..

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mailclerk,

If its new and there not painted on have them taken off if you don't like them. You will still have to pay for them but you would get what "you" wanted and that's what counts..
Guapo,

That's what my credit union rep is asking the Chevy dealership to do. Otherwise everything else/options I want is being added. I still have to confirm with the rep that I actually have he car.

If everything goes well tomorrow I should have a final calculation of a going out the door price by the end of the day. Pickup is possible this coming Saturday. :thumbsup:

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome :) good luck and hope you get what you want!

Towlie,

Thanks for your good wishes. Will have to get the final price by the end of today so I can get money ready for Saturday. I'm much sure this car is still available cuz I can't beleive the 2LT models are in that great of demand!

Anyway already seen two Camaro 2LT's without the stripes and they look tremendous in my eyes. Simple basic looking with nice hot rod wheels that reminds me of my old high school-junior college years. Not that I had any money during those days of yester year.

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Haha, lol, I was active duty military so we had about the same pAy;). I would figure the LT would be in high demand. Not everybody wants 6.2liters of V8 gas consumption but they do want that sexy Camaro body! Let us know how it goes:)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello to all,

Thank you for your responses. You've all been trmendously supporting in my quest for my first Camaro ever!

Regardless for me it's too late and more questions will follow now. It appears I'll have a 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS in my garage by Saturday mid day. All I need is to get AAA notified.

I'll keep you all posted by Saturday night on how it drives. Any driving tips you can give me would be great. I heard through the rear is hard to look out from. Anything would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

Mail Clerk;)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hello to all,

Thank you for your responses. You've all been trmendously supporting in my quest for my first Camaro ever!

Regardless for me it's too late and more questions will follow now. It appears I'll have a 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS in my garage by Saturday mid day. All I need is to get AAA notified.

I'll keep you all posted by Saturday night on how it drives. Any driving tips you can give me would be great. I heard through the rear is hard to look out from. Anything would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

Mail Clerk;)
Mail Clerk, Your 2LT will have a backup camera and sonar to help you see behind you. Your side mirrors will help when driving forward. I have a 2LT and I love the backup camera. My 1LT didn't have it, only the sonar (which works well too). Just always be careful when changing lanes. I always try to keep checking who is behind me and what lane they are in, especially on a big 4 lane (each way) highway. Enjoy your new ride!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mail Clerk, Your 2LT will have a backup camera and sonar to help you see behind you. Your side mirrors will help when driving forward. I have a 2LT and I love the backup camera. My 1LT didn't have it, only the sonar (which works well too). Just always be careful when changing lanes. I always try to keep checking who is behind me and what lane they are in, especially on a big 4 lane (each way) highway. Enjoy your new ride!!!
CyCam1,

Thanks very much for your driving tips. I know this is very much a different car compared to my 08' Impala! In either case in a couple hours more I'll be driving away with a new Camaro. I wish I knew how to post pics so you guys can see it:confused: At my old age I still much computer illerate...sorry.

Mail Clerk;)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
CyCam1,

Thanks very much for your driving tips. I know this is very much a different car compared to my 08' Impala! In either case in a couple hours more I'll be driving away with a new Camaro. I wish I knew how to post pics so you guys can see it:confused: At my old age I still much computer illerate...sorry.

Mail Clerk;)
You are very welcome Mailclerk. I hope you enjoy you new Camaro 2LT as much as I enjoy mine. Happy driving! :white5thburn:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
finally got one:)

You are very welcome Mailclerk. I hope you enjoy you new Camaro 2LT as much as I enjoy mine. Happy driving! :white5thburn:

CyCam1,

We buddy I'm a proud owner of a new 2013 Camaro 2LT!!!! Compared to my 08' Impala SS the Camaro has allot more elctronic stuff than I'm use too but I can get use to it in time.

One thing that stands out is the 20' wheel/tires package and tomorrow morning I'll head to my local gas station and get the tires checked for proper tire pressure. I did notice though that the sticker on the door says 36 PSI all around and the compact spare 60 PSI. Is this what all you guys/gals put in your tires? When I drive it the car feels really rough like the tires are over filled.

In the mean time I intend to spend allot of time figuring outthe "My-Link" system. It sure does allot of things including how to save certain radio/satilite
stations. What a fun chore:thumbsup:

Take care all and have a good evening. I'll talk more tomorrow and will have much more questions.

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Congrats, take the time to read the manual, You have the TPMS to check the tire pressure press the oblong button on the turn signal stalk it will take you to another menu. I also have the 2013 LT2. Did you get the polished 20's or painted.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
20" wheels

Congrats, take the time to read the manual, You have the TPMS to check the tire pressure press the oblong button on the turn signal stalk it will take you to another menu. I also have the 2013 LT2. Did you get the polished 20's or painted.
Guapo,

I know I have TPMS in my Camaro and already noticed it shows way more than what is actualy in the tire itself. This condition is the same for my 08' Impala SS system.

Using my tried and true tire guage I noticed that it was under inflated by almost 12 pounds including the spare tire provided!!! This morning I took care of that issue and now I'm fine for another month:thumbsup:

OK as far as the wheels itself according to the paper sheet it's polished painted 20" wheels. No big deal to me they looks nice.

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I had polished 20's on my 11 and loved them. My 13 has the painted 20's, but no big deal I will up grade wheels next year...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Guapo,

On my Camaro it has some amy new electronic gadgets that I have to tackle one thing at a time. One of those is getting the Nav system up and running and getting the radio/satalite channels pre-set.

Mail Clerk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts