Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
RS rocks
but don't forget it is only an appearance package

I'd get it just for the halo headlamps

no aftermarket lamps will be able to match the genuine RS lamps for design and quality.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
definitely personal preference....but kind of hard to say if its worth it without knowing how much extra it will cost.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I say go for it. . . But then again, I'll have this car 20 years down the road also. . . I'm purchasing the Camaro as a keeper. . .I'm going all out. SS-RS and every option you can grab.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
rs package is a must for me. those halos can't be beat.... and plus.... It's an RS. it even sounds cool.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I know they look really good, believe me I love them, but if you getting the RS package just for the Halo's, Why wouldn't you just get them after market. I am sure someone will offer them.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I know they look really good, believe me I love them, but if you getting the RS package just for the Halo's, Why wouldn't you just get them after market. I am sure someone will offer them.
Because most people want their car from the factory how they want it. Some will mod, some will enjoy the warranty if something fails.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I plan on getting the RS package myself. Why get this car if you don't get the bigger wheels and the Halo lights. The badging is so-so for me, but overall it will be sweet!

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Only mod I plan on doing ASAP would be air intake, gotta get that easy extra hp!
I'm only planning on exhaust, if and only if, the stock sound doesn't kick butt. My Vette has a custom exhaust, and I will miss that terribly.

But I'm also limited by what mods I can make with budget, and with SCCA rules.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I say go for it. . . But then again, I'll have this car 20 years down the road also. . . I'm purchasing the Camaro as a keeper. . .I'm going all out. SS-RS and every option you can grab.

Just what I would have said myself ..... you said it perfect :patriot:

I will add my own touch on the outside and inside.

only thing I plan to do right off from the get go when I pick it up.

Have black hockey stripes painted on the car....I dont want GM's
I want my painterto do them just as he did mine on my 69.

Have my apolstry guy stitch some Yellow hounds tooth " rare option in 69 " that I got in my Garage in the center of my black lether seats front and rear.

And maybe change the muffler..if I do it will be unbolted and done right.

oh and a tune.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Absolutely. I hope to have it longer than 20 years down the road, I want to have it til I DIE!:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, that is my plan as well. Keep her as long as possible. This car may be the last breed of these types of vehicles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well I really like the look of the halos I am getting the v6 so I might get a few options to make up for the lack of V8 just to make my self feel better. Wish I could get a v8 but i just know the insurance will be the iceberg to sink that ship so a decked out LT it is.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Well I really like the look of the halos I am getting the v6 so I might get a few options to make up for the lack of V8 just to make my self feel better. Wish I could get a v8 but i just know the insurance will be the iceberg to sink that ship so a decked out LT it is.
From what I've heard, you will be extremely happy with the V6. If I didn't already have a V8 now, I would probably go for a V6, but no way I Can step backwards. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had a V8 and loved it, but I am looking to the future and a V6-RS just fits my current situation best.

Unless a decked out V6-RS costs almost as much as a base V8 and the deal is a wash.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts