Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Not to sound like a moron, but what exactly comes with the RS package?
Includes 20" x 8" front and 20" x 9" rear flangeless, painted aluminum wheels with Midnight Silver finish, body-color roof ditch molding, high intensity discharge headlamps and RS unique tail lamps. Also includes rear spoiler.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
rear spoiler comes on all ss models. all ss models also get 20" wheels. midnight silver is the color that comes with the rs package.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
To elaborate, if you're unfamiliar with the Camaro line:

The wheels are the same as the SS wheels, but they are simply darker.

The roof molding and HID's are self explainatory.

The taillamps are just a darker lens, but they are still red.

The rear spoiler is just the SS spoiler on V6 cars (SS doesn't change).

You also get red 'RS' emblems in the grill and rear deck lid (red 'SS' emblems for SS cars).

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I am not a huge fan, I like the honey comb tail-lights from the RS package and the roof and the HID's but dont know if its worth it price wise:confused:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the price increase for an RS? We bought a synergy which of course was not offered with the RS package but did come with the rear spoiler and for some reason only 19" wheels which I thought was odd.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
for the ss it wasnt as much as the v6. i think it was 1200 or so for the ss. and i dont know on the price for the v6, maybe 2,000?

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
I am not a huge fan, I like the honey comb tail-lights from the RS package and the roof and the HID's but dont know if its worth it price wise:confused:
honeycomb tail lights? this is definately worth the price. the lights alone are worth the price of admission.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
What is the price increase for an RS? We bought a synergy which of course was not offered with the RS package but did come with the rear spoiler and for some reason only 19" wheels which I thought was odd.
The point of the Syneygy Edition was to offer buyers on a budget some nice upgrades for a smaller price. This is why things like the RS package were not offered.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
if ya look up close on the tailz they have a different inside design like the inside of a honey comb:D
i think the regular ss has that also. because the only thing different about the rs lights to the ss lights is the darker red tint.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
The point of the Syneygy Edition was to offer buyers on a budget some nice upgrades for a smaller price. This is why things like the RS package were not offered.
it shoud have been offered though. even if your on a budget and you liek the color, but you also liek the rs package, it should still have been offered. kinda weird/bad planning on gms part. you can buy all the rs parts on line though. ive seen headlight assemblies for sale on ebay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts