Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me Shadow has been running ruff at idle after I leave any place and shes sat for a few hours, at times I almost think she's going to die.. :eek:
I haven't had a led foot ether as of late.. after getting pulled over a while back, I've been a good boy, but I'm worried, I think she's got a cold or worse, maybe even the flu..:( I don't wanna take her in and them (dealer) telling me they are keeping Shadow.. for a few days or longer.. any advice..
Oh.. I use Tech-tron fuel (92 oct) from Chevron, near my home, never letting her get below 1/4th tank empty ?, any help would be great :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
When was the last time you cleaned your MAF sensor?

·
Registered
533 Posts
How many miles you have on it,any codes?Have you run any injector cleaner in it,could have some dirty injectors?Also like patriotpa stated you may want to clean maf.Also you may want to check all the plug wires are all the way on.I have had one of the passenger rear that was just sitting on the plug,never got a code.Car ran but would run rough every once In a while.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
533 Posts
Another thing you may want to try is unhook the negative post overnight.In the morning hook it back up, start the car and let it get to operating temp and take it easy for the first 100 miles because it is relearning ,then drive it like you normally would.This will reset your computer and it will relearn warm up,idle,your driving stile,resets the fuel trims.The best thing is it does not cost you anything and it will not hurt anything.

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Another thing you may want to try is unhook the negative post overnight.In the morning hook it back up, start the car and let it get to operating temp and take it easy for the first 100 miles because it is relearning ,then drive it like you normally would.This will reset your computer and it will relearn warm up,idle,your driving stile,resets the fuel trims.The best thing is it does not cost you anything and it will not hurt anything.
I agree completely, that is the first thing I would do.:thumbsup:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree completely, that is the first thing I would do.:thumbsup:
:cool: I'll try this weekend maybe, tho, I'm trying to wire up our new microwave to its own breaker, because the old one was wired to a few plug in's and the frig
and the store repair guy said it will void the warranty if its not on its own :angry:.. so if I can focus on that project I'll try it, Friday night maybe :thumbsup::thumbsup:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
533 Posts
:cool: I'll try this weekend maybe, tho, I'm trying to wire up our new microwave to its own breaker, because the old one was wired to a few plug in's and the frig
and the store repair guy said it will void the warranty if its not on its own :angry:.. so if I can focus on that project I'll try it, Friday night maybe :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Good luck with both your projects.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Never heard of a microwave needing its own circuit ... some super wattage thing?

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never heard of a microwave needing its own circuit ... some super wattage thing?
Yup.. I guess.. haha, like 11,000wts.. lol, I guess its getting to be the norm for the new microwaves, LOL.. ours.. I guess is one of the lower ones too..haha
I guess, the repair guy said, they been telling a lot of the new owners of appliance's.. they have to have the frig, Microwave and dishwasher all on their own breakers..:facepalm:/:lol:

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
...you mean 1100 watts. 11,000 watts is a weapon. You'd need a 100 amp breaker for that puppy.

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Yeah...the wiring in your house!

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
384 Posts
Don't use carb cleaner on the MAF, it can leave a residue behind and make it run like ****. You can get sprays that a specific to MAF sensors... I think CRC makes one.

If you have an oil filter (like a K&N) the amount of oil on it right out of the package can be a bit too much...the air flow can draw the oil onto he MAF wire and mess it up. This happened to my mother's Expedition years back and the ford dealer tried to tell her that all 4 o2 sensor went bad at the same time. LOL...RIGHT. A can of maf cleaner and scanner to clear the codes took care of that mess.

Hoodrat, if its missing it should be setting a code. If its has not set a code by now it might be something like a back drive train mount letting something bump around and feel like stumble.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't use carb cleaner on the MAF, it can leave a residue behind and make it run like ****. You can get sprays that a specific to MAF sensors... I think CRC makes one.

If you have an oil filter (like a K&N) the amount of oil on it right out of the package can be a bit too much...the air flow can draw the oil onto he MAF wire and mess it up. This happened to my mother's Expedition years back and the ford dealer tried to tell her that all 4 o2 sensor went bad at the same time. LOL...RIGHT. A can of maf cleaner and scanner to clear the codes took care of that mess.

Hoodrat, if its missing it should be setting a code. If its has not set a code by now it might be something like a back drive train mount letting something bump around and feel like stumble.
Is that MAF cleaner avable @ Wallie World :)lol::lol:) or any parts store ?
I already used some carb cleaner :eek:
Yup.. I have a K&N.. filter I used off Frost (like bran-new), so.. its what I'm thinking, is causing the ruff idle,
witch I see in the RPM's and feel when sitting at a stop light.. otherwise its smooth, when Shadow's moving &
the ruff idle goes away w/in 30minutes or less.
Haven't had any codes (that I know of, don't have a code reader), thats made the check engine light to come on.
I'll try getting a MAF cleaner "ThX" :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 58 Posts