Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Well that guy is going to prolly cause his cousin to be fired if there is some truth to it.

Otherwise, I like the news. I just question the source and content 100%

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i thought too!! His cousin is most likely being picked up by the "black suburbans" if it is true.

Or else it's complete BS and Fbodfather is laughing at him for being a jackass.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
As the time get closer, the more I think that the L76 is the base candidate. I mean its not a bad engine and as proven the G8 worthy against a top line model SRT-8 Charger; so why over kill when a lighter car with a L76 is prolly enough as it is against a R/T and GT.

I love the LS3, but I still think its reserved as the MY2010 year top model to go head to head with SRT-8 Challenger for good measure. I dont expect it to be expensive, but I do think it going to be there for those who want it. Reason being, I sure GM wants to dominate this genre and I think a good theory to do that is to make enough trims to suit everyones budget, so this car can break some history and outsell the mustang.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Hmmmmm, well I do hope it's true, but then again it could just be some 16 year old noob yanking our chain.
Im betting on that one. What adult would like to risk a relatives career.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Very true

Im betting on that one. What adult would like to risk a relatives career.
Im with you on that one Jinx, I agree. If your that close with a family member how could you release that info. Unless he dose not like him and wants him to get fired :confused: I hope not.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
"there was a exe. meeting in durham and my ****** was in attendance and called me soon after... some notes worth mentioning... the ls3 will be in the 2009 launched camaro in some available trim, the 6 cyl is DI unit, at least the front brakes will be 4 piston, there will be a remote start keyfob, the gas filler door will not be above the fender line, the headlight arrangement , grill, side marker lamps, and auxillary foglights have yet to be finalized... AND there will be a non legal/non-road-going camaro avalible to dealers and race teams, the engine, and drivetrain is un-announced but will be limited to production of less than 500 units"

He doesn't say anything about the LS3 being the BASE V8, he just says it's going to be available in some trim. Where does everyone get BASE V8 from that?

And everything else he says, we already have heard or know from Scott:
-The keyfob? Scott said that.
-The headlights? Yeah, we can tell from a spy shot that they are not finalized.
-The brakes? Still too early, but I would imagine that they will be good brakes, because this will be a fast car. Fast cars need good brakes, and GM is not about to cheat us on that.
-The gas filler door? You can see it in spy shots again.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry CUONCRS, I didn't mean base really. To me, if the LS3 was going to be in the 5th gen, then I always thought it would be in the top dawg. Now that he says that there will be a much higher/non legal car that just made me put that it is the base as in it isn't the top level. I don't expect there to be 4 different v8 engine sizes so I thought ls3 must be the z28 or ss option.

Either way, this is not reliable at all and it doesn't really matter. I just put it on the site so that others could see what this kid was saying. :eek:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hey guys, I saw this on another forum....I'm not sure what to think but I just thought I would post it up for everyone to see.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2941

Well his cousin should be careful what he's telling his family members !! Releasing any type of info always has a way of coming back to bite you in the ass. I'm not sure he even knows what to make of it as he can't even get the location right ! And he's from Ontario..

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Too bad nothing really new here. I would love an LS3 as base that wouild mean something with mo powa for regular up models (Z28/SS etc), not to mention a "special edition"

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Sorry CUONCRS, I didn't mean base really. To me, if the LS3 was going to be in the 5th gen, then I always thought it would be in the top dawg. Now that he says that there will be a much higher/non legal car that just made me put that it is the base as in it isn't the top level. I don't expect there to be 4 different v8 engine sizes so I thought ls3 must be the z28 or ss option.

Either way, this is not reliable at all and it doesn't really matter. I just put it on the site so that others could see what this kid was saying. :eek:
Not blaming you. On that forum, a few posts down, they are the ones that say it is the base. You just reported here what you read there. I was bashing them. :D

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts