Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Direct quote from a dude on GMI:

I had the opportunity to get some details about the rumors of the next gen Impala. I was informed that the rwd plan IS the way they will go. I asked about the fwd stretched ep2, and he said look for the G8 platform. Then I asked about the 6 speeds in the 1500's. Sounds like some type of MCE will add them for 2009 (pretty expected). The next topic was the 6.2L in the Chevy's. It is very likely that this beast will appear soon, since it has entered the Chevrolet family with Corvette. It was also suggested that the 6.2 will power a performance version of Camaro (since the 6.0 will be replaced not really a shocker.
6 Speed Silverado? RWD Impala? Performance Camaro (aka Z28)??? In the Name of GMI, I must attach their most famous icon (multiplied by 6):

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f60/rumors-next-gen-impala-silverado-upgrades-57213/

·
Registered
313 Posts
Torrent - do you have any details on where you got that quote from!?!?

RWD Impala!! I thought even Bob Lutz had told everyone that was not happening.. this is either old news or very very new news..
Desperately need to know more - can you link me to where that came from!?

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was about a year and 3 days before today, right? It's amazing how in one year, plans can look exactly the opposite of how they were said to be. I guess this thread had some meaning... Never get your hopes up too high.

·
barbarianmotorsports
422 Posts
i want to be chased with a corvette powered impala. then a front wheel drive plastic impala . i know when it comes to suvs' chevy is the first choice. but look at all the crown victorias rolling around

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
i want to be chased with a corvette powered impala. then a front wheel drive plastic impala . i know when it comes to suvs' chevy is the first choice. but look at all the crown victorias rolling around
Remember you cannot outrun the motorola :D

Around the Metro Detroit area, there are a TON of Impala police cars. GM isn't losing much money in the public safety department.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I literally live across the street from a Police station, and there are fugly 2008 Magnum Police cars (No offense Jon, I liked the Magnum before the front end refresh..) like 10 out of 20 that are there are magnums. the rest are typical Vics. They hate Impalas. They actually expressed the fact that they hate them. I swear they said "I hate Impalas". I'm all wtf?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've seen Mustangs, Chargers, Vipers, Hummers, Crown V's, and Porsche's. Anybody else think there is something missing here?
*cough cough -camaro- cough cough*

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
6spd Silverado already exists.
Gotta get the higher end trims, but if you get the L76 you get 6spd auto, same with the 6.2L in the crew cab.

I want a 6spd colorado, that'd make me smile.

EDIT:
http://www.chevrolet.com/m/06/quickfacts/09_Silverado_combined.pdf
Engine: Vortec FlexFuel8 6.2L V8 with 403 hp and 417 lb.-ft. of torque.
Transmission: Hydra-Matic, six-speed automatic, electronically controlled with overdrive.
5.3L and up engine, LT and LTZ only.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts