Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Four months after its Scottsdale, Ariz., auction was disrupted by severe weather, Russo and Steele is suing tent company Tri-Rentals for damage caused when a tent collapsed on several hundred collector cars.

More...

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Russo and Steele said that it was forced to file suit against the rental company to protect its reputation
Forced to? That is yet to be seen.

According to auction firm's statement, Tri-Rentals told Russo and Steele that it was reinforcing the tents at the auction site and said they were secure. The auction company also brought in industrial water pumps, ordered concrete barricades and arranged semis and trailers to act as wind blocks.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20100430/CARNEWS/100439996#ixzz0mbPqLfc7
From reading the article, based on the information there, sounds like the tent company took many precautions. It will be interesting to see how this ends up.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I remember going to Barrett Jackson just down the street the day after, they had cranes lifting off the tents @ R&S, I just cringed thinking of those steel support poles sitting on someones pride and joy. BJ's tents did not move an inch, but they had the forsight to take all the semi trailers and "circle the wagons" around the tent areas effectively creatind a wind shield. R&S should take note of this measure for next year.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
I remember going to Barrett Jackson just down the street the day after, they had cranes lifting off the tents @ R&S, I just cringed thinking of those steel support poles sitting on someones pride and joy. BJ's tents did not move an inch, but they had the forsight to take all the semi trailers and "circle the wagons" around the tent areas effectively creatind a wind shield. R&S should take note of this measure for next year.
Did you read the story? R&S did "ordered concrete barricades and arranged semis and trailers to act as wind blocks"

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Hmmm.... I did read it, caught the concrete barrier part, guess I skimmed past the semis. The tents over there were not as big as BJ's either, I guess R&S's location just got alot more wind than a mile or so down the road! That storm was pretty gnarly, you would think they had some sort of "disaster" or unforseen conditions insurance though, being outside under a tent and all. But who expects Arizona to get thunderstorms anyway, this year has been pretty weird for weather, I think we already have had more rainfall this year than the past 2 combined.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts