1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Today is the official "The Sky is Falling" Day.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well, if true, then those 80,000 people would have some nice collectable gems on their hands down the road. Me being one of them of course.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
+1 :D

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
I posted this at another site -- and I'll post it here!

"...........Articles like this really put me up the wall -- past the pictures -- and on to the ceiling.

The Camaro is not Dead.

(......in my opinion, there are some 'enthusiasts' that hope it does die -- and that confounds me........not to mention giving a dangerous boost to my blood pressure......)

I don't know how these things get life -- but let me assure EVERYONE -- that every car and truck program out there is on the table right now -- and I think I can safely say that this is the case at the other two American manufacturers -- all one has to do is to look at what's happening to new vehicle sales -- coupled with the housing meltdown -- the budget deficit -- the elections -- the Dow Jones Industrials down by a breathtaking amount -- and of course, high energy costs that are forcing the price of everything upward................

Let us take a quick walk down memory lane - shall we?

The year is 1979 -- interest rates are double digit -- energy costs and inflation are spiraling out of control.......people are "upside down" on their loans for pickups and large cars................

.....................and yet Chevrolet somehow sold 282,000 Camaros -- TEN years into a lifecycle.

Yes -- the times are different -- but I'm betting that when people see the production car -- they see the value that the car offers -- and they see the fuel economy -- we'll sell a lot of 'em.

........I said a long time ago "Have Faith" -- and that's what I'm saying once again.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Magazines will say anything to boost sales ;)
...and there's always going to by tin-foil hatters running around doing the Chicken Little dance.

It's really nice to have the "official word" pop in here every now and then when certain rumors get started, but I don't think any realistic member on this forum thinks they will kill the Camaro program at this point. And any sane person would know that GM spent too much money to stop now.

2) ... we hear one executive hates the Camaro so much that he'll sign its death warrant after the first year if the car fails to sell 80,000 units ...

And this statement is just silly. From everything we've heard about the executives at GM, they are ALL psyched about this car. How could you not be? And how could you be an "executive" at a car company, and HATE one of the models? (unless you were at Pontiac, and you hated the Aztek, that's ok)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Thankyou, Mr Settlemire for ONCE AGAIN clearing the air. These "Camaro is dead" articles are about as assinine as the global warming garbage. If it drives me nuts, I can only imagine how you feel. UH OH....LOOK OUT.....THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :eek: Where do these idiots come from? :rotflmao:

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Thankyou, Mr Settlemire for ONCE AGAIN clearing the air. These "Camaro is dead" articles are about as assinine as the global warming garbage. If it drives me nuts, I can only imagine how you feel. UH OH....LOOK OUT.....THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :eek: Where do these idiots come from? :rotflmao:
The Toyota Forums. :D

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I posted this at another site -- and I'll post it here!

"...........Articles like this really put me up the wall -- past the pictures -- and on to the ceiling.

The Camaro is not Dead.

(......in my opinion, there are some 'enthusiasts' that hope it does die -- and that confounds me........not to mention giving a dangerous boost to my blood pressure......)

I don't know how these things get life -- but let me assure EVERYONE -- that every car and truck program out there is on the table right now -- and I think I can safely say that this is the case at the other two American manufacturers -- all one has to do is to look at what's happening to new vehicle sales -- coupled with the housing meltdown -- the budget deficit -- the elections -- the Dow Jones Industrials down by a breathtaking amount -- and of course, high energy costs that are forcing the price of everything upward................

Let us take a quick walk down memory lane - shall we?

The year is 1979 -- interest rates are double digit -- energy costs and inflation are spiraling out of control.......people are "upside down" on their loans for pickups and large cars................

.....................and yet Chevrolet somehow sold 282,000 Camaros -- TEN years into a lifecycle.

Yes -- the times are different -- but I'm betting that when people see the production car -- they see the value that the car offers -- and they see the fuel economy -- we'll sell a lot of 'em.

........I said a long time ago "Have Faith" -- and that's what I'm saying once again.
Wasn't the 79 the best selling year of the second generation Camaro? :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
The Toyota Forums. :D
Hey now! This is not funny guys! We have a massive flowage of douches coming over here from their tin foil hat (and tin foil vehicle) forums, just to criticize the rights (and privileges) we have to all the f*cking horsepower and torque we want and need! They want us all to be stuck in the same dreaded, mundane, weak, etc. econo-boxes that they are stuck in. We must form a he-man Toyota (or import) haters club to address this issue! Anybody in! Huh? Huh? :lol:

Sorry, I'm feeling a bit nutty tonight. I think it's this tin-foil thing on my head scattering my thoughts.

*Cues the choir* 'Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. Toyota's got tin-foil. General Motors doesn't.....yeah, yeah, yeah..

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey now! This is not funny guys! We have a massive flowage of douches coming over here from their tin foil hat (and tin foil vehicle) forums, just to criticize the rights (and privileges) we have to all the f*cking horsepower and torque we want and need! They want us all to be stuck in the same dreaded, mundane, weak, etc. econo-boxes that they are stuck in. We must form a he-man Toyota (or import) haters club to address this issue! Anybody in! Huh? Huh? :lol:
ME! I'm in! There are literally 4 Prius' parked on the street I live on at this very moment. San Francisco=automotive purgatory

My nearly 300K carb'd 3rd gen got better gas mileage than a 2007 Toyota Corolla, so they can go ffff...iddle with their TIN FOIL HATS and uh, hug a tree! BAM!

Although, they aren't all bad. Many of them are more excited by the Volt than most of those shoeboxes on roller skates. (The Volt is, by the way, probably one of the sexiest cars I've ever been within 10 feet of.) As my brother put it, all these simpletons driving crappy capacitors with wheels will make the rest of us feel less guilty about dumping a half a tank of gas at the drag strip :D

As for all these rumors, I can't blame anyone for being overly paranoid, but to aggressively assert your ill-informedness on others is obnoxious. Who knows, perhaps it was information brought to them by some attention starved GM mail room clerk. Either way, its preposterous to imagine ol' Bobby backing out of truly reincarnating the Camaro this late in the game. Although, I may have just tempted fate by writing that statement. Gah!

I guess we'll just have to stay tuned until they start releasing some solid information.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I guess we'll just have to stay tuned until they start releasing some solid information.
...which is in 12 days.... July 22nd.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts