Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.themustangnews.com/clubnews_08/st-0608sac131.htm

06-29-08: While it’s not a fleet-wide phenomenon yet, the Sacramento County Sherriff in California has reined in a new Mustang GT to use for special law enforcement duties. Law enforcement agencies across the country are starting to recognize the current Mustang GT as a good vehicle to use for daily patrol cruisers, unmarked units, and even for good PR.

Are the days of the 5.0 Mustang SSP back? Well not just yet. The Fox Mustang made a great pursuit car back in the days when having 175 or 200 horsepower was a major big deal for police. Nowadays, 250, 300, and even 400hp is pretty commonplace. Add in the public queasiness for high-speed chases today and most departments shy away from “pursuit vehicles”. The Mustang however is gaining more popularity again because it meets certain needs that the aging Crown Victoria and other options are lacking.

The new black and white Mustang GT that Sacramento County is playing with is special in a number of ways. Other than the obligatory light bar, decals and other cop car accessories it is packing something else. Our sources who interviewed the officer driving the car pictured and heard the thing screaming down the freeway report that the Sacramento County Sherriff has installed a Whipple supercharger under the hood of this baby. So this otherwise stock looking Mustang GT has over 400hp to apprehend its prey.

While there is nothing announced yet as to how many of these things the department may have in the future, they are also reported to be planning on a 2010 Camaro to try on for size as well.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Camaro cops :roxor:
Not to hijack this thread or anything.....but my very first speeding ticket was givin by a cop in a Camaro. I pulled off the side of the road in my 68 Camaro and was pretty low on gas. The slope of the side of the road shifted the gas to one side and I couldn't get the car to start again. I had to walk up to the Sheriff and ask for a ride home, he was cool and did just that. My dad was a little surprised when we pulled up in the driveway though. At least I got out of the front and not the back. ahhh....good times, good times

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.