Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, how do you like it? I've seen it in the store, and although I haven't checked it out with the glasses yet, the picture in 2D is pretty dang awesome by itself.

Been thinking of getting one, at least a new big screen sometime in the near future anyway. DirecTV, my sat provider, also offers free 3D upgrade on some programming. Plus, right now they're giving away a 3D Blueray player, a LAN wireless USB dongle for the blueray player, and some starter kit with 2 pairs of glasses and movies if you buy one.

55" and all the junk for $2499.99 from Best Buy. Obviously I want to test drive it with the glasses on first, but so far it is very tempting.

Any opinions? If you have a 3D TV, is it worth the hassle? Any pitfalls I should be aware of?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Samsung makes a great TV...and I've read that even if you aren't a fan of 3D, 3DTV's make the best 2DTV's.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
i dont know anything about their 3d tv's but when you find something out, post it up. i want to get one at the beginning of the year once prices go down.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
i might be purchasing a LG 47" lcd 3D 1080P 240Hz. comes with 3d dvd player,4 3D glasses, SHrek 3D and the WiFi adapter. $1700. 24 Mo same as cash.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont know anything about their 3d tv's but when you find something out, post it up. i want to get one at the beginning of the year once prices go down.
Yeah, I thought about that too, just waiting. But then, you never will take the plunge and enjoy the moment if you keep waiting for TV's prices to drop. And newer technology will usually follow, so you quickly become antiquated. Kinda like computers were in the beginning. Just like LCD/LED has become, I'm thinking 3D capability will become a standard on certain sized TVs over time. And the movie studios are pumping out more 3D movies, so I think it's not going to run out of material.

If you factor in all the "freebies" by the manufacturer though, it's like about 650 bucks in savings putting the TV price about 1750 if you were buying everything separate. I can justify that price.

In contrast, we paid $2900 for our Sony 50" bigscreen back in the day and it pales in comparison to what's out there today.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
i'm going to wait until you don't have to wear glasses and cable channels are available in 3D... only a matter of time!

my Sony Bravia 46" LCD that i got for 75% off when Circuit City went out of business will do just fine until then.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
my LG 60" plasma i bought for my basement, last year, i paid 1200 bucks for it. i know the prices will go down quite a bit at the beginning of the year. thats when most companies wil release new products. they always do, right after christmas, to get you to buy. i may wait till right after christmas and see what deals there are. but i want a 3d tv pretty bad.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
i'm going to wait until you don't have to wear glasses and cable channels are available in 3D... only a matter of time!

my Sony Bravia 46" LCD that i got for 75% off when Circuit City went out of business will do just fine until then.
just wait for when they make the chip you can implant in your head for the 3d....:lol:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a 55in Samsung 3D and I love it..the picture is amazing! the 3D doesnt make things appear to come off the screen, it gives it depth

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
I have a 55in Samsung 3D and I love it..the picture is amazing! the 3D doesnt make things appear to come off the screen, it gives it depth
doesnt sound any better than a LCD with Blu-Ray then. ive watched a few parts of movies on a 3d tv and it looked crazy! the picture popped and gave it a whole new effect.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what I was hoping. I don't want to be dodging spears or baseballs. But the depth factor seems pretty cool. In fact, I'm going pretty soon to go look at the one I'm interested in.

I'm thinking the 3D part will make the blue ray that much better!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I sat at one of the demos at Best Buy and watched the Monsters vs. Aliens movies for several minutes. I thought it looked REALLY good.

I wasn't ready to buy one because for me, the amount of 3D material just isn't there yet. The salesman told me the glasses were sort of expensive if you needed to buy more than the two that came in their kit. So plan extra money if you got a family or if you were hoping to have friends over to show it off.

But as I said, it did look pretty cool :)

·
Registered
738 Posts
I haven't bought into the whole 3D thing yet. Even in movies I go to the 2D ones still. My wife has to wear glasses so it's uncomfortable for her to wear 2 sets just for 3D. Plus there's been some movies where the 3D gave me a headache.

I got my 46" Panasonic on a Black Friday couple of years ago for $700 free shipping. Been a pretty awesome TV so far.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
you can buy prescription glasses any way pretty much. im sure 3d glasses are right around the corner.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts