Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided to take my Camaro to a Carshow Saturday and decided to walk around and what popped out of the corner of my eye but a 2010 Camaro inferno orange with a sticker across the windshield that read Camaro.
I knew it looked like the cars that was in the parade just one day before so I walked over and started taking a closer look.
I didnt know who the owner was until I saw some guy around the age of 56 stand over behind the car and try and answer questions that were being asked.
like what size motor is this ? is this a Ls3 or that other motor ?
What color is this and so on lol
I was talking to someone about it at the front of the car and the owner walked up and mentioned to everyone else that I seemed to know more about the car than he did lol he still had the paper work in the car and he showed it to me which was nice of him it show that the car Turned out to be a a 2010 Camaro SS1 , No RS , L99 with the A6 automatic , Interior accent package/Grey. He said he purchased it from Classic Chevrolet of Granbury which is like 40 minutes out of Dallas / Ft worth. The owner here had more money than sense you may put it because he had no clue what he was driving but a Camaro.
He said he called his dealer told him what he wanted meaning " I want a Camaro " I just saw some orange ones in a parade in Ft worth and I want one just like the ones I saw. Since he did lots of busniess with them over the last year ( 4 car sales ) the dealer said we are not going to sell until May 6th but I got one of the exact orange camaros that where in that exact parade coming back in tonight....if you want it then I will sell it to you at MSRP. Well thats just what he did lol the guy purchased the car and drove it straight to the carshow :lol: he said he and his buddy got it up to 110 and he let off. He did say for an automatic it scared the hell out of him and the car had much more power.

Here are some pics I took............oh and btw folks as it has been said pics dont do justice for this color lol DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!! sexy car

Towards the end of the show a challenger pulled up and parked when I walked over to take a look at it the owner got out and asked where this new Camaro was he heard about over a phone call lol
He walked over looked at the Camaro rolled his eyes and said he wouldnt waste his time and left. Stock Challenger !!!!

Funniest part about the whole story after I was about to walk off one guy asked how I knew so much about the New Camaro I told him I happened to be a Camaro Fanatic however I give my props to an online message board.
2 of the guys said they were on a message board as well but didnt know quite what I was speaking of. one asked what board I was one when I said
5thgen.org they were like oh we are on that Camaro5 :thumbsup: :5go: :lol:

I took this picture to show how the orange looked...you saw more of it in this picture.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Motor Pics

I took most of these pictures to show just how much room we are given compared to 4th gens LOTS !!!!!!

You know a car is NEW when the hoses and suspension pieces still have the white labels/tags on them haha

This tag was on the bottom side of the hood on the drivers side...just took a picture and figured I would post it "shrug" lol

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When they cranked the car up...I didnt know if it was running or still turned off. The L99 automatic is a Quiet Car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aftermarket please :thumbsup:

Craftmansship on this car is 100%

Oh and I sat in the backseat......im 6ft1 195 and I was comfortable and had a little leg room to move around unlike any Camaro from the 80's to 2002 :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dam I want my car now lol

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
When you talk about the owner..."numbnuts" comes to mind...jeez... :D

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He was a very nice guy but had a lot of money and didnt know anything really about the car but it was a Camaro and it could get to 110mph in a split second. :lol: They had 6 cars at the car show. Everything from a 65 gto 389 tripower car which I WANT !!!!!!!!!!!!
To a rodster to a 66 Nova.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great pics!!! Thanks for showing the engine details. Good coverage !!

John
Ty that was one of the main reasons I took pictures. We have all seen interior shots , body shots.
Questions relained under the hood and how much room was something I had to see for myself.
putting a set of longtube headers in this car will be a Cinch :thumbsup:
Pleanty of Room.
PLus everything else like waterneck/thermostat and etc is very easy to get to.

Great job Gm :thumbsup:

btw folks there were NO WHEEL WEIGHTS on this cars brake calipers.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
that's awesome! i'm still confused about them selling CTF VIN cars. he might not have working ambient lighting either?? more power to him for getting an early Camaro tho :D

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
that's awesome! i'm still confused about them selling CTF VIN cars. he might not have working ambient lighting either?? more power to him for getting an early Camaro tho :D

Actually he did have ambient lighting when it got dark I walked over and asked if I could see it he explain that he just picked it up before coming to this show and that he hasnt even seen it himself... I looked at him and asked him why he was sitting in a parkinglot listening to people talk when he should be in his car looking at the lighting...he agreed and we both went over got in and turned it on.

IT is VERY Dim but noticable when in the car :thumbsup: real faint baby blue.
Still wish the dash had it still.

And this car did have a Vin number so I dont think its a CTF car. The dealer called him and said I got a car coming in....im giving you first bids.

The owner said he loves the car but if someone gave him the right $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ its there's. Like I said to many toys and to much money for one man.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
well, that's good to hear. and CTF cars have VINS, they just have VINS that run like this: A9000773 whereas regular builds are like this: A9100192

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
When you talk about the owner..."numbnuts" comes to mind...jeez... :D
i thought "tool":lol:

thats just more of the "ol vette crowd" type stuff i find annoying, then i blow thier doors off in my 66 due to them not knowing how to drive the thing
:5thgendrive:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
He was a very nice guy but had a lot of money and didnt know anything really about the car but it was a Camaro and it could get to 110mph in a split second. :lol: They had 6 cars at the car show. Everything from a 65 gto 389 tripower car which I WANT !!!!!!!!!!!!
To a rodster to a 66 Nova.
Makes me think of people who buy $3000+ desktop computers and use them primarily for surfing the web.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Makes me think of people who buy $3000+ desktop computers and use them primarily for surfing the web.
I know what you mean !!!!! This guy was a nice guy and didnt act all snooty to be honest he just had a lot of money wrapped up in a car and had no clue what was in it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts