Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The North Carolina Chapter of The Nature Conservancy accepted a brand-new, 2008 Saturn VUE Green Line Hybrid crossover SUV recently at the Charlotte International Auto Show. Jill Lajdziak, Saturn general manager, handed the keys to Mike Horak, associate director of TNC's North Carolina Chapter, on behalf of Saturn and GM.

The VUE Green Line hybrid, which boasts the highest highway fuel economy (32 mpg) of any SUV in the industry, will be used by Conservancy staff to travel to and from various projects throughout the state. It is the third vehicle GM has donated to the North Carolina Chapter of the Conservancy, and the 184th vehicle donated overall.

"Saturn is pleased to live its values by providing this VUE Green Line to the North Carolina Chapter of The Nature Conservancy and, in the process, raise the community's awareness of our commitment to the environment," said Lajdziak. "This is another example of GM's ongoing global partnership with the Conservancy — a partnership that successfully demonstrates how a healthy economy and a healthy environment can go hand-in-hand."

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
:thumbsup:

Back when I was in high school Saturn donated a few cars to my schools shop class.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Did yall have fun with the plastic body panels? :D
when I was there the ones they had where already tore up pretty bad and we never worked on them. There was also a blazer that had been donated by GM there, but it was old. After my last year they got some new Saturns, Ions I think. They actually work on those now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts