Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
No, prolly just a pilot run to check for errors, flaw in the production line, difficults and etc.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The Camaro has an exceptionally strong structure.
For comparison sake, here is the S197 Mustang : http://www.drivingenthusiast.net/sec...0_05MUST67.htm
Visually, this is much weaker.
I'm hoping this is true. Maybe the insurance companies will take note of that, and not charge me half of my yearly salary to insure my 2010 stripper V8.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
:lol: That's pretty slick! You're good with photoshop!

·
Registered
370 Posts
For the life of me , i can't understand why people will roll the dice with their jobs ?? Looks like these pictures were taken this past weekend as it was a four day long weekend and a skeleton crew would have been in the plant. It could be outside contractors , cleaning crew or a incredibly stupid GM employee. Someone will be doing some explaining...

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Really, though, this gives nothing away. It's good to see that they are testing the plant to get it ready for production. With all of the Axle strikes going on, and stuff, it's nice to see that they are that far along in the process.

One thing, though... is that the production headlight holes? I hope not, they look nothing like the ones on the concept. :D

·
Registered
620 Posts
Really, though, this gives nothing away. It's good to see that they are testing the plant to get it ready for production. With all of the Axle strikes going on, and stuff, it's nice to see that they are that far along in the process.

One thing, though... is that the production headlight holes? I hope not, they look nothing like the ones on the concept. :D
i agree it doesnt really give anything away other then the b pilliar and everyone already knows its there, this is just hte first clear picture of it thats all. It is nice to see progress amist all the strikes and crap though. as for the headlight holes i bet it is just a place for the back of the headlight and wires to pass through, which to me means that there will only be one headlight and not those silly test ones that eveyone has been talkng about,

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
i agree it doesnt really give anything away other then the b pilliar and everyone already knows its there, this is just hte first clear picture of it thats all. It is nice to see progress amist all the strikes and crap though. as for the headlight holes i bet it is just a place for the back of the headlight and wires to pass through, which to me means that there will only be one headlight and not those silly test ones that eveyone has been talkng about,
Yeah, my comment about the headlights was just a jab at all the people that have freaked out over the ones on the mules. It was a joke. :D

·
Registered
370 Posts

Your right it may not give away anything but the point is GM does not want pictures taken of Pre-production cars/trucks from inside the plant. It is a rule for your employment. What if we were trying out something new with regards to the body or chassis and pictures were then leaked to the media , now you've got a PR mess to deal with. If GM wants to release pictures they will handle it with their own personnel. As for the headlight holes you need to remember this is a body-onwhite picture and the car does not have any additional hardware attached , its very hard to picture the Camaro as you know it at this stage of production.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Alright, I get your point about secrecy.

But again, the comment about the headlights was a joke. My way of being funny. Of course I know you can't tell what headlights they will put in from just the holes. So many people freaked out about the mule headlights, I threw that in just to be funny. Guess I missed on that throw...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts