Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I drive a Honda
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recruiter called me today, A kid had a few law violations that he didnt tell the recruiter about, He had a Air Traffic Controller spot (He had waited 5 months) I took it, I leave tonight. I Had like a 12 a hour notice. I'm going to arrive late the rest of the flight will already be there. Promised Air Traffic Control and E-3 Upon graduation of tech school. I went to meps less than a month ago (The average wait for the air force is something like 4-7 months - so I hopped on this opportunity). It's pretty good this is one of the last Basic Training that will be 6 weeks instead of the new 8 week program for the air force.

I'm so ready guys, The camaro ss is 30,995 and I am ready! I actually sold my car yesterday before knowing I was leaving today! Got 13k in the bank for mine, keep it real fellas.

Peace. :patriot:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Good luck, breakx and thanks again for helping protect our country!
:patriot:

EN2 John Young
USN '88-'92
Desert Storm/Shield Veteran

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
LOL Remember what I said about basic and you'll be fine! Enjoy Biloxi, even though you'll be there during the cold season.

·
I drive a Honda
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
4th week of training/warrior week starts tom.

I am alive got base lift for a few hours today. 2 more weeks!!!!!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
We probably won't hear much from you for a while. But ATC is a great job but very very demanding. One of the hardest jobs in the Armed Forces, however, do it for however long you signed up for, then get out a do it as a civilian, and you will bank, big time. You will have a real world skill that will carry over to civilian life and help you buy any type of Camaro you want.

·
I drive a Honda
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey! Recieved my Airman's coin yesterday (a day earlier since Thanksgiving is today) so I am with my family today. Also had the Honor Graduate Ceremony and got my Honor Grad Coin! One of 66 to get honor grad out a class of 785! I got to find some FOOD because I am starving. You all take care.

·
I drive a Honda
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright, the hectic-ness is over. I'm at Keesler AFB, MS. It's boring and cold. I won't be starting school for around two months due to lack of instructors to teach Air Traffic Control. So I will be doing details for two months (raking leaves, etc.) Pretty bummed about that but whatever.

The dorms are really nice so that's good. Thanks for the support guys, was the best decision I have ever made.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Congrats on getting through basic okay! The new duty stations with the 'waits' are the worst part. It's cool they have you in some decent living quarters....it must feel like a luxury condo compared to the basic training barracks. LOL

Thanks for keeping us posted, bud.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Alright, the hectic-ness is over. I'm at Keesler AFB, MS. It's boring and cold. I won't be starting school for around two months due to lack of instructors to teach Air Traffic Control. So I will be doing details for two months (raking leaves, etc.) Pretty bummed about that but whatever.

The dorms are really nice so that's good. Thanks for the support guys, was the best decision I have ever made.
I lived in those very same dorms (the new ones). I was in ATC school and was in the 334 squadron I think (the gators). Had a blast while I was there. This was 8 years ago, but I was on the first floor, the hallway all the way on the left, and the 6th door on the right. I slept in the bed on the left.

·
I drive a Honda
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I lived in those very same dorms (the new ones). I was in ATC school and was in the 334 squadron I think (the gators). Had a blast while I was there. This was 8 years ago, but I was on the first floor, the hallway all the way on the left, and the 6th door on the right. I slept in the bed on the left.
Actually after Katrina they built all new dorms. So these have only been lived in for like 3 years. But yeah it's 334th training squadron the gators.

WHOSE IN THE SWAMP?
GATORS IN THE SWAMP

But yeah, this base is boring.......... Im seriously bored out of my mind. I wanna start school :-/

by the way, I jacked your avatar =))

·
Registered
57 Posts
Did you ever start ATC school?

Breakx,

Did you ever start your ATC Training? I know raking the leaves a stuff can get a BIT old. I ended up waiting two weeks for my school to start but they kept me a Lackland for the whole time...But that was back in the 70s so times were a bit different. I can't even imagine what I would have done waiting 2 MONTHS!

I spent 6 weeks at Keesler in 92 attending 1st Sgt School. Our big thing while I was there (Springtime) were the Tornados!!:eek: I see the south getting there share again this year. My first 1st Sgt assignment was in the 438th Operationl Support Squadron which included the ATC group.

Take care a thanks for carrying on the USAF Tradition!!:thumbsup: I did 20 years and LOVED it! I'd go back in a second if they asked me believe it or not.

Ron (Retired USAF 1st Sgt)

Current cars:
2008 Corvette
2009 Malibu

INCOMING Car:
2010 Camaro 2SS

·
Registered
216 Posts
Boy if you think Keelser is Boring you should go to Sheppard. I spend 6 months there in 2000 for Crew Chief school. But Close second is Port Huneme in Cal for Vechical Maitance school. The only thing that keept that place from sucking was being TDY and not pipeline. I really felt for my kids there.

But one thing to remember, it's all what you make of the place. Yes sheppard sucked but i had a BLAST. Good friends, places to go once i got my truck down there and very cool ropes.

Good luck and have fun where ever you go.

Ssgt Brian Schutter

1 - 17 of 17 Posts