Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know on certain cars you used to be able to put a sequence in of plugging and unplugging the seatbelt and turning the car on and off to make that annoying beeping stop. I cant find anything in the manual and I was curious does anyone know of anything like this for the camaro?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Haven't heard anything about it other then putting the seatbelt on.

It saves lives :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know on certain cars you used to be able to put a sequence in of plugging and unplugging the seatbelt and turning the car on and off to make that annoying beeping stop. I cant find anything in the manual and I was curious does anyone know of anything like this for the camaro?
I did that on my Ford. Not because I drive w/out a seat belt (I always wear one).

·
Registered
811 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Wear your seatbelt...it's as simple as that. Coming from the person that survived this:

I would listen to me. It doesn't matter if you're driving the speed limit, following all of the laws all it takes is one person that isn't paying attention, drunk, or under the influence of drugs and you'll end up with life threatening injuries. Put it on and live...When the person who cut you out of the car said the first thought in their mind was if I didn't have my seat belt on I was dead it really changes your perspective on things.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Excuse me for saying this but this is a STUPID POST.

Wear your Seat Belt for your Sake.

I was in a auto accident back 11 years ago and if it wasnt for the seat belt I wouldnt be here. Before that day ( I wore it for some odd reason that day ) I never wore it and as stated above I put it on just before the accident happened. It woke me up and I opened my eyes when I realized without that Belt I would be dead.

PLease for your sake just wear it.....plus it wont set off that annoying beeping sound.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You also have to put in mind that my uncle was in a similar car wreck where someone hit him and flipped his car into an oak tree which smashed the driver side of the car. He wasnt wearing his seatbelt and was thrown to the passenger side of the car in his friends lap. The man that cut him out of the car said if you were wearing your seatbelt you wouldnt be here right now. Truely its in gods hands to keep you safe.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Although you could survive because you were not wearing your seatbelt the odds are that it will be the other way around.

I used to not wear mine until I watched some youtube videos of real crashes inside the car and it looks pretty scary.

That being said. I absolutly hate a car that chimes everytime my belt is not buckled. There are times when it is very annoying. There are times when I am moving my car or this or that and I don't want to hear the thing chime.

besides the normal crash test vids check out this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcVSQh5MbTo

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Simple fix, wear your seatbelt.

Think the chime is annoying? Beats the hell out of being in a serious accident while you were being too cool to wear it.
While I agree with that, I don't need a chime to tell me to do so. There are times when you don't need to wear your seatbelt and the chime gets old. The chime is not going to make me where my seatbelt. When I used to not wear my seatbelt I had a car that chimed all the time. I kept the passenger belt plugged into the drives belt so I didn't have to hear it chime. Now that I wear my belt, there are still times that I don't need to wear it and I don't want to hear it chime. I'm sure I'm not the only one with that opinion.

It's like the warning on the front window shade that says "do not drive with shade in place"

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
While I agree with that, I don't need a chime to tell me to do so. There are times when you don't need to wear your seatbelt and the chime gets old. The chime is not going to make me where my seatbelt. When I used to not wear my seatbelt I had a car that chimed all the time. I kept the passenger belt plugged into the drives belt so I didn't have to hear it chime. Now that I wear my belt, there are still times that I don't need to wear it and I don't want to hear it chime. I'm sure I'm not the only one with that opinion.

It's like the warning on the front window shade that says "do not drive with shade in place"
I valeted cars for 6 months this year, never wearing one for a block or two, it took zero effort to disregard a chime, especially on a vehcile you own and drive on any regular basis ;)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
ok, you people need to get off your soap box... I want to shut mine off also... why? Because my drive way is 1/4 mile long dirt road with no other access to it. . .

Or, lets say you are at a car cruise, where the cruise is only going 5-10 mph?

EVERYBODY knows seat belts saves lives... hell, so do helmets on motorcycles, yet that's not minatory in PA.

Every time a thread like this comes up, the high rollers start coming in and telling you how to live you life. . .

·
Registered
167 Posts
Guess this'll make me a "high roller". Is the cruise on a public street? I believe its mandatory in all states that seat belts be worn, no matter what the speed is, when on a public street.:D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mine bugs me too :thumbsup: ...not because I'm not wearing mine, because I always wear it...but because when my dog rides with me, it goes off! lol
My new traverse, it goes off while still in Park! :confused: annoying.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The real point that should be debated in this thread is why is a dog allowed to ride in a Camaro :confused:

But seriously, yes seatbelts save lives. But I don't want to jump all over the OP'r on this point (I think that has already been well done in this thread :rolleyes:). But I'll share this thought. My father never wore a seatbelt for pretty much as long as I remember. His point was it was his choice on whether or not he wanted to wear one and he makes that choice knowing the risk. That may be true, however there is additional cost to society to pay the medical costs for those that choose to not wear a seatbelt (which on average would be more significant for someone not wearing a seatbelt). And there is also your loved ones to think of.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Your dad grew up in the era of cars made out of real metal. I did too. The cars could take a huge impact back then and you had lots of metal around you to keep you somewhat safe.
I know a girl who ate the dashboard of her family car though, back in the late 50's and it decimated her face. A seat belt would have prevented that, but there were none.
To this day if I ride with my sister and she has to slam on the brakes, her arm shoots out in front of me to protect me from flying through the windshield, even though I'm firmly belted in. Holdovers of the days with no seat belts.
I have no suggestions regarding the chimes. They shut off eventually, it's not like it never stops. Annoying, but not worth the time or effort to fuss about.

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
a couple of thoughts --

First - the cars of yesteryear may have had a lot of metal -- but go to youtube and look at the video of a new Malibu hitting a 1959 Chevrolet in an offset crash --

............we don't make 'em the way we used to -- - THANK GOD!!!

To those who do not wear seatbelts - yes, your perogative.......but here's an interesting one:

We had a Camaro enthusiast driving a Camaro with the t-top out - the enthusiast somehow ran off the road and the car rolled -

..........she was not wearing a seatbelt -

............she was ejected from the car............

................the Camaro rolled back onto its wheels - still in "Drive" - and proceeded to drive thru the field with two grandchildren strapped in the rear seat..........

Yes - - "a freak accident" - (the operative word here is 'accident' --)

Yes -- there is the occasional accident where "you would have died had you worn your seatbelt" - but rest assured that that is very rare......

In the past week, we've had (that I know of) 9 individuals killed in the Metro Detroit area -- ALL of them were not wearing seatbelts -- and all of them were thrown from their vehicles resulting in their deaths.......

The law of averages says you are much better off wearing a seat belt.......

.......and sorry, everyone, but I will never stop preaching about the benefits of seatbelts -

.........it's because I don't want to attend your funeral........

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
what if you have a 5 point harness you wear? your not wearing the regular seat belt too, so this is NOT a stupid thread. If im racing around the Mid Ohio track, I sure as hell dont want my car chiming in my ear every minute, reminding me to put my seat belt on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
what if you have a 5 point harness you wear? your not wearing the regular seat belt too, so this is NOT a stupid thread. If im racing around the Mid Ohio track, I sure as hell dont want my car chiming in my ear every minute, reminding me to put my seat belt on.
What if.. a man can catch his death of what ifs. If you buckle the car's seat belt under the 5 pt harness it won't chime anymore. Problem solved. You take the time for the 5 pt harness, what's a moment more to fasten the seat belt?

My husband doesn't like to wear his seat belt either. Can't count the times I've sat there idling waiting on him to buckle up. He asks "why are we just sitting here?"
I pointedly look at his chestal area.
"We're going out the driveway I don't need the **** seatbelt on yet".
More pointed looks.
"OK but this is STUPID!"
sigh...
just buckle the **** belt on and shut up already, or go buy yourself an old beater with out the chimes and kill yourself. The hell with the chimes, anything to make the bitching stop! :lol:
Did I mention the 2 tickets he got this year driving without seat belts? It's getting **** spendy, I wish he'd just cave to convention and safety and wear the belts.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts