Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the two central pods house the primary gauges (tach and speedo)...there looks to be secondary gauges at the bottom of each pod..does anyone know for sure it that's correct? i would assume that if they indeed are secondary gauges, they would be the fuel level and the coolant temp.

looking at the pics i can discern that one of the four secondary gauges forward of the shifter is a volt meter...does anyone know what the other three gauges are?

jackg
06 sts6

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Here this picture will help answer your question:

Looks like the secondary gauges in the IP are water temp on the left, fuel level on the right.

Console gauges appear to be: torque, volts, oil temp, oil pressure.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Can somebody enlighten me to the need for a torque gauge?

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Can somebody enlighten me to the need for a torque gauge?
For S%^% and giggles.... :D

Really there's no need for an oil pressure gauge. If you notice that you have no oil pressure, it's pretty much too late for your engine anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
yea but you gotta have it..;) wonder what the aftermarket will put in these pods??

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here this picture will help answer your question:

Looks like the secondary gauges in the IP are water temp on the left, fuel level on the right.

Console gauges appear to be: torque, volts, oil temp, oil pressure.
thanks for the info...i must say, i too have never heard of a torque gauge; is it a measurement of the torque output of the motor?

jackg
06 sts6

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Get rid of the torque gauge, move the water temp to its place. Move the fuel gauge to replace the water temp under the speedo and put a shift light under the tach where the fuel gauge was. A programmable shift lift will be infinitely more usable than a novelty torque gauge.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Actually the press release info said a tranny temp gauge instead of a torque gauge. I hope its right, a torque gauge is a useless thing.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Supposedly the 4 gauges near the shifter are "optional". If you choose not to have them, what will go there instead?
yeah, I saw that too in one of the press releases recently...you'd probably some sort of cubby hole in there place. Personally, I like them.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Hmm, yeah.. from the press release:
More great detail is evidenced in the available center-console gauge cluster, which takes its cue from a similar option on 1969 Camaros. It displays oil temperature, oil pressure, state-of-battery and transmission fluid temperature, all highlighted with modern LED backlighting.
I would sure like a trans temp gauge instead of a torque gauge that's for sure! :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Instead of a torqur gauge they should give us a indicator of how close to getting a ticket you are!:eek:

That way you could back off and drive like a human for a while.:lol:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Instead of a torqur gauge they should give us a indicator of how close to getting a ticket you are!:eek:

That way you could back off and drive like a human for a while.:lol:
Back off??? In a Camaro???? C'mon now!:rotflmao:

·
Registered
199 Posts
remove the torque gauge and put in a BOOOOST gauge :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi
have an little question about the Gauges have see an pic with the Speedo and see the KM/H symbol not the MP/H are the gauges Digital and can changed the numbers from MP/H to KM/H ???? only 160 >>>KM/H <<< are not fast :D
or is the Pic not correct???

here is the Pic.or have anybody an better Pic from the Gauges ???

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
The picture is correct.
That particular picture is from the UK release, and they use the metric system.

With the push of a button it can switch between km/H and MPH.
Looks like on this car the numbers stay put but the needles change.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
And hopefully it's the V6, because my V8 better have more than a 370 lb-ft Torque gauge and a 160 mph speedo.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts