Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Senate has approved a streamlined energy bill that will raise vehicle fuel economy standards 40 percent to 35 mpg by 2020. The Senate voted 86-8 Thursday night for the measure.

More...

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
It looks good on paper and it's good to run back to their constituents to say how they are protecting the environment.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
The think that sucks is it will probley kill off some RWD cars. If so I will have to go back from a RWD car to a truck or SUV again:BangHead: Maybe it won't kill all of them though(5 seater 4 door). I hope.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Well brandon, it does give the automotive industry some 12 years..surely by then they can make a efficient RWD car with power.
Maybe, but this is a major changer of the industry. IMO they will be scrambling until they get confortable. They will do everything they can to get to that goal and then when the smoke clears they will see where they are at and if they are on the right side then they will start making better cars/ more powerfull cars. Hopefully they car sqeeze in some RWD cars. If they are confident they can meet that goal without losing RWD or high HP cars there is a chance, but I doubt they are.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I think this could hurt the chance of a Firebird even though I don't see that happening any time soon anyway.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
As I figure it, not EVERY car needs to have 35mpg. Just the company's average MPG needs to be 35. So GM could release a slew of high MPG cars (those smartcar-like things anyone?) and still have high HP cars with lower MPG.

They wouldn't even have to make a lot of them, as long as they are on the menu. They could build like 2 of those tiny things a year and still would be in the clear.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts