Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have been nominated as the Member of the Month for September 2012!!!:party:

Temporary MOTM picture

What got you started with your love for Chevy and the Camaro?
I grew up with a wrench in my hand, in the garage helping my dad, working on cars and anything else mechanical. He worked on just about anything for friends and family. If you couldn't get parts for it anymore, it didn't stop him. He'd either rebuild the old part, or make a new one. He kept my beat up old VW running when I was a kid, no matter how badly I abused it. I learned a lot from him. GM muscle looked and sounded so cool when I was growing up in the 60s and 70s. They always turned heads. I've had a love for fast cars since I was a kid, but never had one of my own until the 5th Gen came out. Other things always took priority....until now.

Whats the Story Behind your 5thgen Camaro?

I wanted a Corvette since I was little, and still do, but when I saw the Camaro concept in 2006, the'Vette took a back seat. This new Camaro blew me away! Classic and modern at the same time, and with a Corvette engine! Even sitting still this car says HANG ON, you're going for a ride! Originally I wasn't even looking for a car, as my Silverado does everything I need. Once I saw it, I was awestruck by it's beautiful lines. Everything about this car screams American Muscle, with style, and with a retro yet modern look. I had to have one, and as soon as production started I searched until I found a dealer who wasn't asking 5 or 10K above MSRP, and ordered mine from Faulkner Chevrolet in May 2009. I was on pins and needles waiting for it to arrive. I checked the Spastic Squirrel site almost every day for news, and I'm sure my dealer got tired of me asking for updates. When I drove up to get it on Aug 7, 2009, I was in heaven! I hadn't even sat in one yet, and took it for a spin before we started the paperwork. What a car! It was everything the reviewers said it was! Mike Judge sent me a signed litho for it, #45. At the 2011 picnic up in Pittsburgh I even met Scott Settlemire (FbodFather), and he signed my car! What a great guy. This guy is Chevrolet, through and through, and he's full of good stories.

Later I gave it a few personal touches. SS lettering on the power bulge, Defenderworx chrome driving light bezels, faded gills, lettered the engine cover, K&N filter, quarter flares, and a full set of McGard locking lug nuts. Nothing major, as the car is just about perfect as-is.

How did you come across ModernCamaro.com and what made you stick around?

I found :5go: about the same time I found another Camaro site, and was using both of them pretty much equally until I realized the people and moderators at :5go: were worlds above the other place. The people here are great, and help when they can. The mods keep things in check, removing trolls and keeping the peace with a light hand. This place feels friendly.

How did the Camaro or Chevy in general change your life?

Chevy in general? We've had many different cars and truck over the years, and GM's vehicles seem to never quit running. They just last. My Silverado has 250,000 miles on it and still running strong!

The Camaro?
It's been an adventure. Everyone looks at it. It's almost caused a few traffic accidents from people looking at it. They hang out the windows and yell. Because of the Transformers connection, kids really go nuts when they see it. Strangers come up and want to talk about it. People stand in front of it to get their picture taken. It's a little annoying sometimes, but they're just having fun. I understand completely. I have never enjoyed a car a much as this one. It handles like a dream. Very easy to drive. Cars were just a way to get places until I bought the Camaro. Now I know better. In a world filled with ugly little econoboxes and virtually identical sedans, this car is art on wheels. A near-perfect melding of art and technology. There's a reason it's won so many awards. It deserves them.

Finally do you have anything you’d like to say to ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

Go directly to your Chevrolet dealer and drive one of these remarkable cars.

Oh,....and bring your checkbook, because you'll fall in love.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Congrats, well deserved...

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Congrats!! Great story as I really was looking forward to reading it!:thumbsup:

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Awesome! Congrats!

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
You have been nominated as the Member of the Month for September 2012!!!:party:

Temporary MOTM picture

I grew up with a wrench in my hand, in the garage helping my dad, working on cars and anything else mechanical. He worked on just about anything for friends and family. If you couldn't get parts for it anymore, it didn't stop him. He'd either rebuild the old part, or make a new one. He kept my beat up old VW running when I was a kid, no matter how badly I abused it. I learned a lot from him. GM muscle looked and sounded so cool when I was growing up in the 60s and 70s. They always turned heads. I've had a love for fast cars since I was a kid, but never had one of my own until the 5th Gen came out. Other things always took priority....until now.

I wanted a Corvette since I was little, and still do, but when I saw the Camaro concept in 2006, the'Vette took a back seat. This new Camaro blew me away! Classic and modern at the same time, and with a Corvette engine! Even sitting still this car says HANG ON, you're going for a ride! Originally I wasn't even looking for a car, as my Silverado does everything I need. Once I saw it, I was awestruck by it's beautiful lines. Everything about this car screams American Muscle, with style, and with a retro yet modern look. I had to have one, and as soon as production started I searched until I found a dealer who wasn't asking 5 or 10K above MSRP, and ordered mine from Faulkner Chevrolet in May 2009. I was on pins and needles waiting for it to arrive. I checked the Spastic Squirrel site almost every day for news, and I'm sure my dealer got tired of me asking for updates. When I drove up to get it on Aug 7, 2009, I was in heaven! I hadn't even sat in one yet, and took it for a spin before we started the paperwork. What a car! It was everything the reviewers said it was! Mike Judge sent me a signed litho for it, #45. At the 2011 picnic up in Pittsburgh I even met Scott Settlemire (FbodFather), and he signed my car! What a great guy. This guy is Chevrolet, through and through, and he's full of good stories.

Later I gave it a few personal touches. SS lettering on the power bulge, Defenderworx chrome driving light bezels, faded gills, lettered the engine cover, K&N filter, quarter flares, and a full set of McGard locking lug nuts. Nothing major, as the car is just about perfect as-is.

I found :5go: about the same time I found another Camaro site, and was using both of them pretty much equally until I realized the people and moderators at :5go: were worlds above the other place. The people here are great, and help when they can. The mods keep things in check, removing trolls and keeping the peace with a light hand. This place feels friendly.

Chevy in general? We've had many different cars and truck over the years, and GM's vehicles seem to never quit running. They just last. My Silverado has 250,000 miles on it and still running strong!

The Camaro?
It's been an adventure. Everyone looks at it. It's almost caused a few traffic accidents from people looking at it. They hang out the windows and yell. Because of the Transformers connection, kids really go nuts when they see it. Strangers come up and want to talk about it. People stand in front of it to get their picture taken. It's a little annoying sometimes, but they're just having fun. I understand completely. I have never enjoyed a car a much as this one. It handles like a dream. Very easy to drive. Cars were just a way to get places until I bought the Camaro. Now I know better. In a world filled with ugly little econoboxes and virtually identical sedans, this car is art on wheels. A near-perfect melding of art and technology. There's a reason it's won so many awards. It deserves them.

Finally do you have anything you’d like to say to ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

Great Story!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
You have been nominated as the Member of the Month for September 2012!!!

Temporary MOTM picture

The Camaro?

Great story and congratulations! You're totally right about the love affair. There isn't any car I've owned that has done it for me like this one has! :thumbsup:

·
Capt Bob-Supporting Membr
366 Posts
Congrats! Well. done.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts