·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[URL="
[/URL]
September 2015 Member/Car of the Month
Nominations​

We ran into a problem last month with our winner because he totaled his Camaro right before we chose him so we will leave it open for rangomr to be our MOTM when he gets a new Camaro and we will try again this month...

I have several people in mind as usual but I will give our members a chance to voice their nominations first.

All nominations must meet the following qualifications:

1. Must own a Camaro
2. Must be a member of ModernCamaro.com
3. Should be helpful and friendly around the forums
4. Must be at least semi active on the site on any boards...i.e. posting at least 4 times a month for the past 3 months
5. Must be willing to provide a picture of themselves with their Camaro to post on the front page
6. Must be willing to be interviewed because the write up will be placed on the homepage here at ModernCamaro.com

Only one (1) nomination will be allowed per site user each month.
*If a member has already been a Member of the Month in the past, please do not nominate them again.
Here is a list of all the previous winners: Member/Car of the Month Winners

:5go:

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
I want to nominate an old time member who is always great to have around...Tiberious!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I second Tiberious, vert owner with good remarks and insight

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
I agree.

Motion carried?

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Have we lost Envy? I'm not sure Tiberious qualifies by the rules as stated above, specifically rule number 4. That said, I don't know how to sort by date and confirm that. Also said, Tiberious is a long time member and has posted recently.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I'm just going to say what a LOT of members are thinking..... This entire MOTM is dead and has been dead for several months. Just like this site, which is sad.

It's the second week of October, and we haven't heard anything about Last Month or This Month.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
:( :(

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I'm just going to say what a LOT of members are thinking..... This entire MOTM is dead and has been dead for several months. Just like this site, which is sad.

It's the second week of October, and we haven't heard anything about Last Month or This Month.
Don't say that....I've never been to that OTHER Camaro site and have no desire to go there for my info.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts

Agree with what you say and it is a shame.:(

·
Registered
375 Posts
I almost feel like I'm the blame but at the same time I know I'm not. I greatly appreciate that I was to be the AUGUST Camaro of the month but YES I went down a 70ft. or so down a cliff that totaled my convertible. I'm now the proud owner of the Oracle Lighting Camaro that I picked up Oct, 16 and now its i9n Virginia.
The reason for the wreck was my knee did hit the key and I shut the car off with NO power steering and NO breaks to think of.

·
Registered
807 Posts
wow...too bad for the wreck...!!

do you have pictures of the Oracle Lighting Camaro...??

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Just throwing out an idea - it appears the MOM has been a challenge this year. Maybe we replace it with a Member of the Quarter and nominate and vote 4x a year. :dunno:
I would second that as a possibility ... January, April, July, October?

Other rules remain the same?

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
I would second that as a possibility ... January, April, July, October?

Other rules remain the same?
Great idea! ...with no requirement that we have a winner every quarter.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I know Chapel suggested this a long time ago and his suggestion was shot down. That being said I think the circumstances are way different now and quarterly winners might be more appropriate

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
How about instead of having to be nominated how about the people who want to be considered nominate themselves and we pick from them. They can post why they should be MOTM or QMOTM (quarter member of the month)

Just a thought :dunno:

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
How about instead of having to be nominated how about the people who want to be considered nominate themselves and we pick from them. They can post why they should be MOTM or QMOTM (quarter member of the month)

Just a thought :dunno:
The humble ones would never self-nominate.

...not that we have many of those! :lol:

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
The humble ones would never self-nominate.

...not that we have many of those! :lol:
I recall someone that tried to self nominate ... I think had a total of five posts :confused:

I do agree that we have people that are / have been overlooked and I'd like to be able to get better eyes on for those members, but I'm not sure a self-nomination is the way to go

1 - 20 of 27 Posts