Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the fin stick up really high from the top of the car? It says on the gm website that the height of the camaro is 54.2 I need to know how much does the fin add. If anyone knows it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I need to know exactly the height cause its goining under my lift and I have 56.5 inches under. I hope it will fit...

·
Registered
42 Posts
does anyone know if there is an option to delete the antenna? i really dont care about satellite radio or onstar (considering once 3 months are up i wont need the fin at all). i think the fin looks ridiculous and would rather not have it at all.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
does anyone know if there is an option to delete the antenna? i really dont care about satellite radio or onstar (considering once 3 months are up i wont need the fin at all). i think the fin looks ridiculous and would rather not have it at all.

Not an option you get free Onstar for 1 year antenna for xmradio is in back glass...

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
Thanks I need to know exactly the height cause its goining under my lift and I have 56.5 inches under. I hope it will fit...
I have an SS with sunroof...I laid a long level front-to-back on the sunroof since that is the highest point (yes, the level was level :D)...the top of my sharkfin was 1 1/16" above the bottom of the level. I then turned the level side-to-side and measured from the ground up to the bottom of the level and it looked to me to be 54", so that jives with the 54.2" high you say is on GM's website.

So, to be safe, if we take 54.2" and add 1.1" to that, the top of the sharkfin should be ~55.3", so I think you should have a good 1" to spare! :thumbsup:

P.S. Not sure why anyone would want to delete or remove their Camaro's sharkfin...how will you be able to sniff out Mustangs?? :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I need my little shark Fin. I'm going to drill a hole in the top of it so I can instert my lightning Rod therefore I can direct 1.21 GIGAWATTS into the Flux capacitor which will activate my AFM and Save fuel for me down the road.

I came up with that idea while installing a medicine cabinent over my toilet , I fell and hit my head on the tub and thats how it all started. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
I need my little shark Fin. I'm going to drill a hole in the top of it so I can instert my lightning Rod therefore I can direct 1.21 GIGAWATTS into the Flux capacitor which will activate my AFM and Save fuel for me down the road.

I came up with that idea while installing a medicine cabinent over my toilet , I fell and hit my head on the tub and thats how it all started. :thumbsup:

:lol: Just don't travel back to the future and get lost.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
The only way the "shark fin" is deletable is if the car is ordered from and shipped to a location where OnStar is not offered... like outside of the USA.
Careful about driving above 88mph. :lol:

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
:lol: Just don't travel back to the future and get lost.
So, you have a problem travelling back to 1969 and picking up a brand "new" '69 Camaro? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have an SS with sunroof...I laid a long level front-to-back on the sunroof since that is the highest point (yes, the level was level :D)...the top of my sharkfin was 1 1/16" above the bottom of the level. I then turned the level side-to-side and measured from the ground up to the bottom of the level and it looked to me to be 54", so that jives with the 54.2" high you say is on GM's website.

So, to be safe, if we take 54.2" and add 1.1" to that, the top of the sharkfin should be ~55.3", so I think you should have a good 1" to spare! :thumbsup:

P.S. Not sure why anyone would want to delete or remove their Camaro's sharkfin...how will you be able to sniff out Mustangs?? :lol:
Thanks for the mesurments. I was wishing that someone would actually go and measure it, didn't want to bother anyone though. P.S. it wont have to sniff out mustangs, the shelby will be right above it, (the need for the measurment) Thanks again!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts