Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It got to the point my car was just a cop magnet so I took her back to the mad scientist at All American Street Car Performance to install some single chamber flowmasters. Never been a huge fan but these sounded great with the LT's no cats, x-pipe and resonator delete. Here's a short clip. There is little drone and no rasp whatsoever!

Single chambers- 1 7/8 LT off road X pipe No cats no resonator. - YouTube

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Yea sometimes loud is just a hassle. Is it a 3 inch system or a 2.5 inch? Either way, it sounds good. I was looking at getting the Flowmaster American Thunder system back before I went with OBX. What system did you have before?

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
how can urun no cats? isn't that an emissions requirement?

·
Registered
11 Posts
No such thing as too loud. Cops used to pull me over all the time back in the day with my cammed LS1, no cats, LTs and cutoff open 24/7. My Denali is louder than my new Camaro.

·
Registered
154 Posts
After all of my "loud" vehicles, the last being a stroker V8 S10 with 2" primaries into 3" pipes to 40 series Flowmasters dumped in front of rear tires, loud is relative. Now with the 10 2SS, as long as its not ridiculous loud inside, I don't care as long as it sounds good.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Start up in the morning was nuts. I had the head of the HOA actually come out and ***** at me.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Loud is good but not soo much when it becomes a hassle. I've been pulled over by cops because my Mustang was too loud. I've had cops follow me. And one cop pulled me over for something totally unrelated to how loud it was, but he told me that he only noticed me because of how loud the car was. I've been given bogus warnings, especially at night. And one time I had to creep off slow as heck from a green light just to keep the noise down because a cop was behind me. The cop still pulled me over because he said it looked suspicious how I was driving. I'm done with loud. My Camaro's exhaust now is loud only when I'm getting on it.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what happened to me.^ He asked me if it was a Borla cause he has it on his Charger I'm like ugggh yeah it is lol. Told me he could ticket me for this but just wrote a ticket for a 63 in a 55. Oh the crimes I commit.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Let's face it....They didn't pull you over for being loud, he did it because he's jealous cause he can't afford to buy a car of this caliber for himself and just has to take it out on you! :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts