Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nah... it won't force Chevy into anything. Shelby is actually late to the party. Haven't you heard of Hennessey, Callaway, Nickey? They all do the TUNER stuff and already produce Camaro's and CTS-V's like that. Shelby is just a TUNER, not manufacturer.

Actually, listen to Carroll Shelby himself describe the GT500 cars he works on. He had made a career attempting to reinvent the secretary car into a muscle car. It's worked for him! But, you won't catch me driving one!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah... it won't force Chevy into anything. Shelby is actually late to the party. Haven't you heard of Hennessey, Callaway, Nickey? They all do the TUNER stuff and already produce Camaro's and CTS-V's like that. Shelby is just a TUNER, not manufacturer.

Actually, listen to Carroll Shelby himself describe the GT500 cars he works on. He had made a career attempting to reinvent the secretary car into a muscle car. It's worked for him! But, you won't catch me driving one!

Carol Shelby on the Ford Mustang GT350 / GT500 KR - YouTube
I don't think Shelby is late to the party though. He was doing this before your aforementioned tuners were born! Lol.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't think Shelby is late to the party though. He was doing this before your aforementioned tuners were born! Lol.
I see what you mean.. but its not what I mean. I meant the 1000HP party!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts