Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
my 2010 ss is new to me as I've never had a gm.

It seems as you want to shift into second, it wants to head straight to 4th...

Not sure if it's the forks or is that normal? almost have to put more pressure on the stick to put into second, make sense?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes that is normal when you are driving at slow speeds it's there to get better gas mileage. If you drive it a little more aggressive it won't do it. There's things you can do to eliminate it like a hand held tuner.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Get a 'Skip shift eliminator' and install it at the transmission, it is a short piece of wiring that has the proper connectors already installed to 'plug and play' at the transmission to prevent the transmission forcing you to go from first to fourth gear while driving slowly.
They are not expensive and very easy to install.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Were do you all get your parts from? I know off my mustang I usually order it through "late model restoration" but I can't seem to find any good websites?

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Were do you all get your parts from? I know off my mustang I usually order it through "late model restoration" but I can't seem to find any good websites?
Check out our sponsors on here :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Check the Camaro forum classifieds. You can find good used stuff and some deals on new stuff all the time.

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
It's called skip shift...read up in your owners manual and it will explain when it kicks in. You can get a hardware skip shift eliminator between about $25 give or take. or it can be programmed out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts