Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know that Armondo Galaraga DID get a perfect game however he will unfortunately be left off the short list of pitchers who have gotten perfect games. It will affect him financially through out his career and is just flat out sad and disappointing. Do you think since Chevy has made the PERFECT CAR in the Camaro that they should make a great gesture and PR move to give him a free Camaro to show appreciation for his amazing accomplishment and grace in handling the mistaken call?

I think they should. That is some priceless advertising also. What's your take?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I saw this last night and being an avid baseball fan, I was stunned. Although the runner was clearly out, giving Galaragga a perfect game, I am impressed at the actions of first base umpire Jim Joyce and Tigers manager Jim Leyland. Jim Joyce was visibly shaken up after the game and immediately apologized. Leyland on the other hand showed enormous poise in standing up for Joyce, standing by him, reminding the media and the fans that umpires are human and make mistakes, no matter how large they are.

So after all that, there's no point in giving Galaragga a Camaro. He pitched a one-hitter, not win the World Series MVP. Why give him a Camaro? It doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
457 Posts
And how the heck will it affect him financially? The guy probably makes enough money to buy a **** ZR1.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Believe me... through endorsements, his next contract with his next team, his jersey sales, post career autograph sales and all the extraneaous other things that come along with the hoopla of pitching a perfect game. It will COST him money. And he didn't pitch a 1 hitter. He threw a perfect game tainted by a bad call. This is like the same as OJ killing his ex and Ron... We all know he did it... it just isn't in the books. I think he deserves to be recognized for it just like Halloday and Brayden have been this year... and for more than just his grace in handling the situation. Homeboy did something that has only happened 20 times in over 100 years of baseball. Recognize him Chevy... it would be such a smooth play. The car sales that would come from that would be incredible.

Thats my take.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WHAT THE F(CK?!?!?!

I had no idea!!! They actually did it?!?!?!?

That is so crazy. I can't beleive you were able to pull this post that was made only 21 minutes after my original post.

CRAZY WORLD

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I freaking LOVE Chevy for this stuff. My Camaro shows up on Tuesday. SO EXCITED. I'm proud to drive a car that has so much history and class.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm shocked Chevy gave him a car for this overrated MLB issue :lol:
OVERRATED????? Come on dude. 20 perfect games in over 100 years? Overrated? Please. Its rare and hard to do. He deserves the reward and praise. If you don't care about baseball then I can see why you'd think it was overrated... but trust me... its not.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
OVERRATED????? Come on dude. 20 perfect games in over 100 years? Overrated? Please. Its rare and hard to do. He deserves the reward and praise. If you don't care about baseball then I can see why you'd think it was overrated... but trust me... its not.
I understand that and do follow the Tigers. It comes down to it, the ump made a HUGE mistake, realized it and apologized publicly and it has been accepted.

Now the White House and Michigan's Governor are chiming in. Really?
Chit happens, people need to move on :cool:

·
Registered
457 Posts

Does every pitcher who has thrown a perfect game get a new car? No. This one little incident doesn't make Galarraga special it just gives him his 15 minutes of fame.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
:lol: Perfect.

I'd like to see sports 'fans' get this upset when athletes commit crimes like assault on women (or anyone else for that matter), drunk driving accidents etc. Where are they calling for the athlete to be fired? No where to be found.

One thing like this happens and people are saying one of the best umps in the MLB should be out on his azz. It's back-assward.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yo... Chill Pill guy... I got it... Ur in charge around here I guess and I'm not allowed to start conversations about whatever I want. So sorry King of the forum. You a cop? I'll be sure to check with you the next time I want to start a thread to make sure its acceptable to you and your rules. Thanks for putting me in check. Consider me tired of looking at the same 7 threads about Exhaust, different colored interior lighting and congratulatory "I got mine" threads. My mind apparently is a little more complex than yours and I appreciate debate and conversation beyond mods.

Halladay and Brayden are rewarded plenty for their accomplishments. Get the call right or turn it over and don't give Galaraga the car... fine. But the dude got robbed. That's all I'm really saying. And I think its cool that GM recognized that with a vette.

Hate away...

·
Registered
457 Posts
You can talk about what ever you want here. I'm not bashing you on it I'm just playing Devil's Advocate using a deadly combination of logic, sarcasm and a sense of humor...not to mention correct grammar. It's very effective.

Now let's have a moderator close this before the virtual fists start to fly :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
We all know that Armondo Galaraga DID get a perfect game however he will unfortunately be left off the short list of pitchers who have gotten perfect games. It will affect him financially through out his career and is just flat out sad and disappointing. Do you think since Chevy has made the PERFECT CAR in the Camaro that they should make a great gesture and PR move to give him a free Camaro to show appreciation for his amazing accomplishment and grace in handling the mistaken call?

I think they should. That is some priceless advertising also. What's your take?
Nope. He can buy one just like I did, unless, I get one too for doing extremely well at my job.

His boss should reward him. Not GM.

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
One more thing:

It's not brain surgery. It's just a GAME.

game
1    /geɪm/ Show Spelled [geym] Show IPA noun, adjective, gam·er, gam·est, verb, gamed, gam·ing.
–noun
an amusement or pastime: children's games.
the material or equipment used in playing certain games: a store selling toys and games.
a competitive activity involving skill, chance, or endurance on the part of two or more persons who play according to a set of rules, usually for their own amusement or for that of spectators.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts