Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man, ever since ive gotten rid of the 3.4 and went to the ls1 ive missed the stick. went out tonite had a cobra roll up beside me, the girl in the passenger seat give me a lil wink, so i had nail it real quick to just see if the guy driving had any.... man ive never had a car that takes so long to down shift...... i can definatly see an m6 swap in the near future

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Get a stall and 4.11's you'll never worry about that again and blow any stick out anyday. Stalled Auto> stick

·
Registered
332 Posts
Vig 2800
Maybe some 3.73

When u get to the right speed and go to the floor it will down shift and pin u and the seat. In some cases on street tires it will even break the tires lose.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Increase the stall, and add some gears you will be fine. If you install a shift kit, better yet.

You should be able to 'light em up' going 30-40mph with a stomp of the pedal.

I don't know what engine mods you have, but a cam with intake and exhaust upgrades plus the members' transmission suggestions all add up to you having one fun ride.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah a stall and gears are a must.... but man do i miss having a manual

ive three weeks of classes left then it'll be home for a weeks til i ship for basic, soon i can after that i want to by myself a beater then it'll be time for some more work

rite now ive got an slp lid, slp "cold air", borla catback and ngk plugs...

im planning on Lt's, ory, and and some rear work asap

the car has 103K and the motor and trans are solid as a rock, no abnormal noises or slippage, but the diff. is really showing some age.... its whinning, got a nice vibration and theres a clutch in the lsd binding....

really the only thing holding me back is the warranty.... ive still got 17,000 of warranty left, so i dont want to volid it if at all possible, but im pretty sure when the lt's go on it'll be history:nutkick:

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Glad mine was a Torsen. Still looks pretty sitting in the shed too :lol:. Cool thing about a stall is that while cruising you can actually "rev" at someone.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Converter... yeah that will help a ton too.
Vig3200... best mod I ever did to my car. :)
Love that stall.
I was thinkin if i get a A4 i was going to try a Yank but i hear their customer service sucks. So ill stick with a Vig.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Wow I love my Yank converter. It seems like a well built piece and I needed it in a hurry and they got it done sooner for me and they were the fastest of all the places I called to start with in getting it too me.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Wow I love my Yank converter. It seems like a well built piece and I needed it in a hurry and they got it done sooner for me and they were the fastest of all the places I called to start with in getting it too me.
Heh one of the main reasons I went with Precision. 30 minutes from my house!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.