Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)Hi...I am getting an oil change tommorrow at the dealer. Its a 2011 V6, Manny Trans with 15k miles on it now. Car has been running like a top since new.:lol: :eek:Been using regular oil so far, :confused:should I now go to synthetic? Should I stick with regular oil? :eek:
Never uses a drop between changes and oil stays pretty clean,:5go:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think you answered you question. If it aint broke, dont fix it.
If its running great....keep it that way and use the regular dino oil.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
:)Hi...I am getting an oil change tommorrow at the dealer. Its a 2011 V6, Manny Trans with 15k miles on it now. Car has been running like a top since new.:lol: :eek:Been using regular oil so far, :confused:should I now go to synthetic? Should I stick with regular oil? :eek:
Never uses a drop between changes and oil stays pretty clean,:5go:
Mobil 1 synthetic and a good filter all day long :thumbsup:

The main reason I prefer it over Amsoil is personal experience and ease of access.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm a fan of synthetic in all cars. Learned the benefits when working on the sprint car and the driver always used it. Very expensive when using 5 gallons and swapping it out after 10 races but never had an engine failure.:eek:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well the V8's come factory filled with Mobile 1 so that should also tell you something. Mobile 1 would be a good switch now before you get too many more miles on the car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Synthetic isn't for fixing problems..it's for preventing problems down the road.
I didnt say it fixed problems. OP said it was running great. What I said was, if its running good, dont change a thing.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts