Modern Camaro Forums banner

Should the Camaro Have a 5.3?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's been much debate about this. I think it should, others think it shouldn't. So this is the official poll.

·
Registered
861 Posts
:thumbsup: yea if you people want a 5.3 good for you but I voted against it! by the chevroletman gets one he will want a larger engine in it anyway!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would love to have a new motor in the camaro 5.3 with DOD would be great. Even though I'm looking to get an SS anyway!!!!!!!

by the way this is a great forum!!

·
Registered
863 Posts
OctaneZ28 said:
Yeah I think there should be a midlevel V8 for sure.
However the reailty of a business case for it remains to be seen.
Yeah apparently GM has run the numbers and they don't think the 5.3 adds enough volume in sales to justify the expense. Its all based on keeping the SS close in price to a typically optioned Mustang GT though.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
5.3 is to small although there isn't much other choice than an LS motor

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
another thing why should chevy even waste time building a z28 people are more into the ss but if they do they should have different motors

·
Registered
503 Posts
There will NOT be a 5.3L motor.

Anyone want to make a friendly wager against me?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll bet you a link to a website where GM puts out info on new and updated models before they put it anywhere else.

·
Registered
503 Posts
ChevroletMan said:
I'll bet you a link to a website where GM puts out info on new and updated models before they put it anywhere else.
Let's see.

·
Registered
863 Posts
fbodygrad said:
another thing why should chevy even waste time building a z28 people are more into the ss but if they do they should have different motors
Because the Z28 is going to be the top model this time, not SS. Think Z06 Camaro...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts