Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have yet to see the SS model, but a stuffed shirt at the dealer said the vents ahead of the rear wheels were open unlike the V6 models. What's the scoop?

·
Registered
39 Posts
wow, non functional. I would expect it on the lower models but not an SS. Is it that hard to make them functional? And if not functional, then why even design it on the car?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow, non functional. I would expect it on the lower models but not an SS. Is it that hard to make them functional? And if not functional, then why even design it on the car?
Same reason Rosie Odonell is generally thought of as female, it's all an illusion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maybe because they weren't real on the original '68/'69 car that the new one is styled after either?

Besides, they are much too small to be of any real use anyway.

·
2,774 Posts
just like the stangs vents..non functional.. they are style cues that the original Camaro had..and the firebird also had some of these things..

can these be made functional?? sure they can just like the stang guys doing it..but there really is no point..its just for looks like then like now.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Well they needed something to fit there on the 1st generation. It wouldn't be hard to make then functional, but it doesn't really need brake ducts like the Corvette does. If it was functional, they would need some more support and body rigidity equipment and stuff. you know..

Just like the Mustang

:lookandleave:

·
Registered
70 Posts
At the Camaro Introduction at Indy last summer, the reps from GM explained that the vents being non-functional have to do with the stamping of the side of the car's body. It is one piece and to put the vents in would be cost prohibitive and reduce the strength of the metal. Also something about the paint in that area if it was open.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts