Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some guy does a U-turn and instead of going, he stops and decides to back up and hits on the driver side of my car :angry: ..... So police come, it's his fault so he gets a few tickets because he also has NO INSURANCE! Yea just great.... Sigh. I had my old car for almost 11 years no accident. Had this car for about 8 months and bam.... :(

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sorry man! I know what your going through.

I had an illegal alien with no insurance or even an ID run over the front of my Z06 Corvette and try to run and the police let him go and didn't even give him a ticket. So much for justice.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
On the upside (if there is one) .... your insurance will fix your car and that guy will not get a full paycheck until the insurance company gets done with him and the state will prolly have an issue with the insurance (and the lack thereof) as well.

Can you say: GARNISHMENT? :D :lol:

Revenge is a dish best served cold
-Kahn

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Some guy does a U-turn and instead of going, he stops and decides to back up and hits on the driver side of my car :angry: ..... So police come, it's his fault so he gets a few tickets because he also has NO INSURANCE! Yea just great.... Sigh. I had my old car for almost 11 years no accident. Had this car for about 8 months and bam.... :(
Yikes! That blows... :mad:

Sorry man! I know what your going through.

I had an illegal alien with no insurance or even an ID run over the front of my Z06 Corvette and try to run and the police let him go and didn't even give him a ticket. So much for justice.
How is that possible? No ID (I assume that means no license either?) no insurance, hit and run and they let him go :confused: Something doesn't add up here. and I get ticketed for a European headlight on my Ducati!!

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news, but your ok and that's what really matters. Cars can be fixed.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yikes! That blows... :mad:

How is that possible? No ID (I assume that means no license either?) no insurance, hit and run and they let him go :confused: Something doesn't add up here. and I get ticketed for a European headlight on my Ducati!!
Houston Cop told me it cost's tax payers to much to put em in jail. Needless to say I was livid.
If I had done that ( no ID, isurance, license, hit and run) I would be thrown under the jail and left to rot.

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
So how bad does your back hurt? Are the blinding migraines subsiding yet?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks you all for the support.....I know what you all are saying about the car can be fix, but Idk it feels different now! Not sure why but I look at it different. Maybe after I get it fix I will feel better hahaha. Not feeling sooo great right now lol..... I hardly drive it as it is because I work from home. My old car I had for that 11 years only had 83k miles on it. So I was planning on having like 50k or less miles by the 10 year mark (getting a bigger family car after I pay off this car in a few years). Trying to keep it in good cond. but it feels tainted now you know? Oh well I'll get over it.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Houston Cop told me it cost's tax payers to much to put em in jail. Needless to say I was livid.
If I had done that ( no ID, isurance, license, hit and run) I would be thrown under the jail and left to rot.
I am speechless!! :angry:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is a pic of the damage. I guess it's not too bad, but still it really puts a damper on it. I will get over it, especially if they do a good job fixing it up.

Attachments

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
I feel your pain...so sorry about the damage. I had the EXACT same thing happen to me three weeks ago only I got lucky...I saw the idiot's reverse lights come on while u-turning so I slammed on the brakes so hard and fast that my hand hit the shifter and threw me into reverse and I almost hit the car behind me. This happened just one day after an elderly woman lane changed me all the way way up over the curb and onto the sidewalk on a major road traveling at 45 mph...the whole time I was honking my horn but she never even looked once. [URL="
[/URL]

This is exactly why my Camaro is not my DD even though I never want to drive anything else. I spend most of my time driving Envy after 11:00 pm when most of the morons have gone to bed. Good luck with the repairs and hopefully it will be good as new in no time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks all for your words. They do help.... Update from the body shop. They have to change the whole door because of some kind of beam that got messed up. I'm actually glad that they are because it feels better about not having to worry if they are able to get all the dings out. This kind of puts me in a better mood :p

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Gotta love the strength they put into these cars. They're hard to kill.

Seriously, get checked out by a doc ASAP. You could have serious injuries you don't even feel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts