Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day my wife and I were in the new Camaro heading to her parents’ home west of Grand Rapids, MI. As I drove through an intersection, I noticed a Mustang with aftermarket wheels waiting to turn the same direction we were going. A few seconds later, I heard the sound of an obviously modified exhaust – my car was vibrating – coming up in the left lane next to us. It was the Mustang. He wanted to race, but I wasn’t about to oblige for several reasons:

1-I don’t race my cars. Furthermore, getting caught racing on a suburban road can get you more grief than you want.

2-Even at 304 HP my V-6 probably wouldn’t match his V-8 anyway.

3-It was a late October morning. The road was still damp from an earlier rain, and there were plenty of fallen leaves on the road. If you haven’t experienced it, I can tell you that wet leaves can be very slippery.

4-Even though there were two lanes in each direction plus a center left turn lane, it was just too dangerous.

Well, Mr. Mustang kept trying to bait me on, but I just kept cruising at the speed limit. After about a mile he gave up; but to show off, he gunned the engine and spun his wheels. That’s where the “fun” began. He lost control! He was fish tailing all over the place. I stopped several hundred feet behind to stay out of the way. Fortunately, the people in the oncoming lanes were also able to stop or stay far enough away from him. He went across the center left turn lane and ended up facing the opposite direction from where he started in the left-most lane of oncoming traffic. At least he didn’t hit anybody.

We can only imagine what his state of mind was after his “ride.” Silly Mustang drivers!

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
:lol:

Will they ever learn?

Wet leaves on the ground are the worst my street gets covered with them you have to move kind of slowly so you dont spin around if you make a a turn too quickly

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
We can only imagine what his state of mind was after his “ride.” Silly Mustang drivers!
State of mind, His Mind, How about the state of his pants, because he most likely **** his pants after spinning around and facing you a few times....Bet he passed you with his tail between his legs!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I kind of had the same thoughts relative to the condition of his pants. He did pass me and then turned into a car repair place a ways down the road.

When I told my oldest son about the incident, he was disapointed not to have been there. He thought he might have laughed so hard that it hurt.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
lol some people Good Choice a lot out there wouldnt have made that right choice :thumbsup:

When I saw the title of this thread I thought of Tim's video when he got his car " Look a Silly Mustang " :lol:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
My biggest "close calls" (and accidents) were when I owned my Mustang. Just something about those cars...

FWIW, there is quite a difference between the way a Mustang a Camaro plants the power to the ground. 3rd & 4th Gen Camaros were not as loose in the rear with their torque arm vs. a 4-link Fox & SN95. This is probably why you see more uncontrolable fishtails from Mustangs.

·
8,984 Posts
That's the best "kill" I have heard yet! +1

·
Registered
396 Posts
They over do it tying to show off, I was driving home and caught up to a newer mustang, first off I have no idea which model it was because he had 3 different badges on the car, he had a cobra, gt, and on the back it had a bullit badge. I guess all he could do was rev up his engine and show off his exhaust because that's all he did. I don't know why he wants to race when there are other cars in front of us and can't go anywhere. Although I was tempted I didn't, I'll save it for the track. I guarantee I would have won if I raced him though.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
They over do it tying to show off, I was driving home and caught up to a newer mustang, first off I have no idea which model it was because he had 3 different badges on the car, he had a cobra, gt, and on the back it had a bullit badge. I guess all he could do was rev up his engine and show off his exhaust because that's all he did. I don't know he wants to race when there are other cars in front of us and can't go anywhere. Although I was tempted I didn't, I'll save it for the track. I guarantee I would have won if I raced him though.
Is it bad that every time I see your name it reminds me of this:
?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts