Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past 2-3 days Modern Camaro has gotten painfully slow. The general boards load time is from 3-5 minutes just to get the thread views.

Interestingly enough the top (header) of the page loads quickly as did a the PM I received on this subject using the direct link from my email.

Board Admins, Helena, can you please look into this as it's making the site virtually useless to me. Envy too has been experiencing slow load times, I can't speak for her or others however.

Tib:(

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yea that would work, but a few members are not having troubles with the net just problems w/ MC pages.
Its not the speed of his modem/rougher/internet provider, its in the MC sight !,
the problem is loading threads, substantial lag time. I do believe. :rolleyes:
Just wanted to use an opportunity to point out I have switched 100mbit here at work.

Also a problem with the route could cause this to happen. For example whenever I try to access my credit union website it is horrible, even though it is just across town. I go home and on comcast it is perfectly fine.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whatever it is, it's affecting more than just me. I also don't have control over the Army's router so what I get is what I get, but it's not what I had on Wednesday when it was fast. Again headers and even control panel load fast, just the forums themselves drag....probably not a routing problem.

Tib

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry I used your name Envy, I didn't mean to drag you into this and no I'm using an amazing Government-owned Fujitsu laptop, the pride of the junkpile, but up 'til now, good enough for what I use it for. The PM was from my good buddy hotrodhoodrat advising me to post something about this, sage wisdom and as Tim said, good to have feedback on site performance!

Tib (I'm an IT guy, so I'm pretty versed on the possible issues, just can't control any of it!)

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
I've learned that when you're logged in the only ads you will see is the sponsor banners sidebar on the right.
When you're not logged in, you see ALL the ads.

I have browsed the site while not logged in, and it indeed is slower with the ads.

So everyone will definitely want to click that "Remember Me" box to always stay logged in. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
**** it Jim! There isn''t anything wrong with my computer. Everything is the same here as it ever was. I think you need to be confined to your quarters for some much needed rest and relaxation. Spock can handle anything that comes up, you just get some rest.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
**** it Jim! There isn''t anything wrong with my computer. Everything is the same here as it ever was. I think you need to be confined to your quarters for some much needed rest and relaxation. Spock can handle anything that comes up, you just get some rest.
:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
:lol: :clap:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
my wife had a virus on her govt. computer. its not impossible envy.
definitely possible, but probably not the case here. BUT...just the fact that every mac user thinks that macs can't get a virus means sooner or later some one is gonna create a monster virus that's going to kill all macs.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts