Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a subscriber of Sirius since their inception and will continue to listen for years to come. Last week, they updated the programming and channel line up with the 'merged' genres of Sirius and XM. If the new Camaros will have XM (do they still come with GM vehicles:confused:) what will the channel lineup be?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
What's the channel line up on the GM vehicles that got XM since the channel updates?
they tweaked the XM lineup a little...but if you want stern, you have to pay extra. I think it's called the "best if Sirius" package...gives you stern and NFL and a few others. They probably have the opposite for Sirius subscribers..."Best of XM"...gives you O & A, NHL etc...

But, I'm not exactly sure because they're customer service sucks ass (at least XM's). I never got any info about any changes. I can't even manage my account online because my car (and XM) are registered under my business. Which means I'd have to call and talk to one of those twits. I'd rather stick needles in my eyes.:BangHead:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yeah...they changed a lot of the names of the radio stations, my favorite station (formerly known as SQUIZZ) is now known as OCTANE! I have a portable radio as well as the radio in my Cobalt. The Cobalt is currently getting the best of Sirius, but I haven’t found that it is worth the extra money every month. I don’t like to listen to idiots ramble about their worthless thoughts all day long, which is the reason I started to listen to XM in the first place, commercial free radio, and not a lot of talk for the DJs either.

I heard that eventually they will make radios that can receive both the XM and Sirius sat. signals.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Yeah...they changed a lot of the names of the radio stations, my favorite station (formerly known as SQUIZZ) is now known as OCTANE!
I never told them they could name a station after me. I should sue. :lol:

I'm pretty sure all Sirius and XM equipment can be flash upgraded over a satellite signal to accept any XM or Sirius channels.

·
Registered
318 Posts
the concern i have is I am sirius subscriber and GM carries XM....so essentially I have to pay the FULL price to establish a new account with XM even though I am already a subscriber to......basically the same **** company

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the concern i have is I am sirius subscriber and GM carries XM....so essentially I have to pay the FULL price to establish a new account with XM even though I am already a subscriber to......basically the same **** company
My point exactly.

I went on XM's site to view the channel line up and the Sirius content is an extra fee over the standard XM package. :confusd: I thought Sirius owned XM now.

Tim, can you elaborate on the 'flash' thingy-ma-jiggy?

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
visit the site and view the line up.

http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/lineup.xmc

You can get the "Best of Sirius"

http://www.xmradio.com/shop/subscriptions.xmc#

My brother and wife bought 2 cars with SIRIUS with a trial period. After the trial period ended they still have been getting the stations free for months.

I heard the same happens to many XM owners. Free satellite radio.
I've checked them both, Ron and the Best of Sirius offered through XM doesn't include the channels I listen to on Sirius.:BangHead:

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Tim, can you elaborate on the 'flash' thingy-ma-jiggy?
It's basically one of the satellites sending out a firmware upgrade over satellite signal.
A common thing for satellite radio and television systems.
It's just like the cable TV company updating it's menus and guide, a regular software upgrade.

The fact that people with XM radios are now getting Sirius stations and people with Sirius radios are now getting XM stations is proof that all equipment is compatible with both systems. :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
This is great news cause I didn't like XM, I like Sirius way better. Now I can listen to Howard again.

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
Octane is a great station also Buzzsaw :D

I have XM in my poncho and was wondering if I could get a deal since i have sirius..but I guess not..would like to just be able to add my XM reciever to my account and it cost 6 bucks.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I actually like XM stations minus the stupid ass fin but still have a year left on my sirius subscript.

If it is possible to send that same signal to a different receiver why in the world can we not opt for sirius with the XM antenna on our camaros as opposed to opening a whole separate account again?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I actually like XM stations minus the stupid ass fin but still have a year left on my sirius subscript.

If it is possible to send that same signal to a different receiver why in the world can we not opt for sirius with the XM antenna on our camaros as opposed to opening a whole separate account again?
The receivers are set to only receive their respective broadcast signals.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts