Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
They don't seem to be to popular these days. Best intakes out IMO are the CAI and Roto-Fab. I had a hard time choosing between them both but decided to go with the CAI from JuicedMotorsports.com. Got it in black to match the car. Looks awesome under the hood and the old butt dyno said it was worth it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, I got it today and it's in!

Thoughts:

I ordered it for $179 through LMPerformance on 8/2, got it today 8/6 (shipping was FREE!)
Instructions were good, but pics on the instruction sheet were dark and hard to see
A piece of the rubber tube from the OEM throttle body section had to be cut off and used with the SLP intake (thus making the OEM unit unusable)
Rubber connection from SLP intake tube to the air filter box was easy to insert, the rubber connection going to throttle body side was TIGHT!
Supplied Blackwing air-filter went in w/o a hitch
Pretty easy install, as I had expected

So how does it work? I don't have any numbers, but R8cerX dynoed it and got 12-16rwhp (depending on engine temp). Today we finally got a break in the heat, so even though the car seemed to be pulling harder, I realize it was only 75 degrees with low humidity.

Intake noise is minimal (good thing!), and the fit/finish of the product was very good. All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to go the full on low-hanging filter CAI route or who wants to keep their OEM filter box intact.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Ok, I got it today and it's in!

Thoughts:

I ordered it for $179 through LMPerformance on 8/2, got it today 8/6 (shipping was FREE!)
Instructions were good, but pics on the instruction sheet were dark and hard to see
A piece of the rubber tube from the OEM throttle body section had to be cut off and used with the SLP intake (thus making the OEM unit unusable)
Rubber connection from SLP intake tube to the air filter box was easy to insert, the rubber connection going to throttle body side was TIGHT!
Supplied Blackwing air-filter went in w/o a hitch
Pretty easy install, as I had expected

So how does it work? I don't have any numbers, but R8cerX dynoed it and got 12-16rwhp (depending on engine temp). Today we finally got a break in the heat, so even though the car seemed to be pulling harder, I realize it was only 75 degrees with low humidity.

Intake noise is minimal (good thing!), and the fit/finish of the product was very good. All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to go the full on low-hanging filter CAI route or who wants to keep their OEM filter box intact.
\\+2 I have one as well and love it, I liked the fact that I kept the factory airbox.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had one installed on my 2010 along with the SLP Loudmouth axleback kit. Noticeably more power. Nice sound to the exhaust also. My Blackwing kit replaced the windshield washer fluid container and removed the factory airbox.

·
8,984 Posts
Hey guys and gals, there are quite a few members here that have done a TON of changes to their cars. There is a search function and it helps find this information REAL quick.

Just a friendly tip!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts