Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to hear this system before I bought it, but couldn't wait.

Fairly simple install, but the right tailpipe fought me to get the tip alignment right. I'm not a big fan of the clamps either, but I'll make sure that everything is where I want it before welding.

The initial startup is impressive. Of course I had to walk around, and hear the new sound. Not a bit obnoxious.

When driving there is just a slight drone @ 2200-2500, but @ highway speed, I can't even notice a difference.
There is some "popping" on deceleration around 1700 RPM, and a little sometimes @ 1100 RPM. Not a cackle, but a deep rumbling pop.

All of my concerns with this system were erased when my wife left the yard with it yesterday, and I finally got to hear it take off. Sounds just like a car of this caliber should sound. Not really that loud, but it definitely sounds very healthy.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Great, I get my 5thgen at the end of the week and can't wait for the SLPs

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I've heard the video clips, even with decent speakers it doesn't reflect real world resonance. I like SLP's versions, but DT's complete header system sounds pretty good too. I'd like to hear them in person first before dropping those kinds of dimes though.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Im getting a custom made loudmouth from an exhaust shop for $60.00. I would never pay $450 for 2 pieces of pipe, two exhuast tips and a couple clamps.

I used the loudmouth on my ls1 camaro and it was like $350 new for a lot more materials and a resonator.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've heard the video clips, even with decent speakers it doesn't reflect real world resonance. I like SLP's versions, but DT's complete header system sounds pretty good too. I'd like to hear them in person first before dropping those kinds of dimes though.
I've watched & listened to all of the videos myself, and didn't think that they did them justice. I just finally bit the bullet, and bought the kit.

Originally Posted by blackacidevil91

I'm getting a custom made loudmouth from an exhaust shop for $60.00. I would never pay $450 for 2 pieces of pipe, two exhaust tips and a couple clamps.

I used the loudmouth on my ls1 camaro and it was like $350 new for a lot more materials and a resonator.
I weighed this option also, but figured my time is more valuable than the hours it would have taken to drive to the shop that I would have done the work, the time to do the work, and so on.
I'm the only one that I have to satisfy with my decision, and I'm pleased with the choice I made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts