Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend at the Orange County Autoshow in Anaheim, SLP will show the 2011 Camaro ZL1.

Yes, that's right... ZL1

Will this ZL1 live up to the legend it represents?
You better believe it. :cool:

Backed by 750HP and the identical limited production of 69 units, the 2011 Camaro ZL1 will be every bit as legendary as the original in 1969.

Get to the Orange County Autoshow this weekend to see it for yourself! :cool:

:mcc:

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
:thumbsup:

I looked on the website and they are right out of Toms River, NJ not too far from on the GSP

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I hope they dont put that little velcro piece of plastic in the front nose to fill in the nose spot.

imo thats a cheap way to fix the hole....... why not insert that piece then cover the lines up.

just my .02

The ZL575 car was cool to a certain extent however imo they could have did a few things better.

hopefully this ZL1 can wear the name proudly and not just another camaro with badging.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
man i should have held off on buying my car and waited for one of these beasts! what is it a 7.0 s/c?

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
:hmm:

this shall be interesting. i'd like to know more like price, engine, powertrain upgrades

finally, a true collectible camaro from an aftermaret company! not just a TVS2300 and a name badge like everyone else, i hope!

when i first saw this on the homepage, i thought to myself, "YES! I knew it! I knew they were not gunna call the Z28 a Z28!" but then all my hopes were up when i saw that SLP is making it, not Chevrolet! :lol:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Are there 69 people here who want it? Would make an interesting factoid. :D

·
Capt Bob-Supporting Membr
366 Posts
Looks like a real nice effort. However if it doesn't have any GM documentation - COPO or build sheet option ZL1, it's just another aftermarket build that most owners could duplicate it's performance for many dollars less. Of course it's great if you are an SLP car collector.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks like a real nice effort. However if it doesn't have any GM documentation - COPO or build sheet option ZL1, it's just another aftermarket build that most owners could duplicate it's performance for many dollars less. Of course it's great if you are an SLP car collector.
It will be in line with the Danas and Nickeys even Yenkos from the 60's
So there will be a market in the collectors area of cars for them

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I'm thinking an all aluminum block & heads, 4v per cylinder with DI & TiVCT, forged Titanium crank & rods, plus a wicked 6th gen roots blower. Something like 7-9 liters of displacement. Would make for one killer Camaro.

Little bit of history on the GMC 702 (see the heavy trucks part):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V12_engine

We can all dream can't we.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Sure, I'll buy it after I hit lotto. :thumbsup:

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PS - Sorry I can't share photos with everyone. Apparently this website auto corrects you if you type in the "k a m a r o" and auto changes it to camaro. My username on most websites is "k a m a r o" so when I post my images from photobucket, this site changes my url address to "camaro" and creates a dead link.
I just removed that auto-correction, so it should work now. :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just spent 4 days at the auto show and based on the crowds and reaction around the car, and the number of names that Dave H. took, I'd say that selling 69 vehicles will be no problem. If there was this much interest in just one small show, the cars should sell very well. Plus it looks great when you see the actual cars - photos don't do it justice. The new fascia and carbon fiber spliter are great. The hounds tooth interior is very tastfully done also.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
looks nice.

love the front and rear ends, but hate the seat covers!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts