Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
heating is important but the best way i've gotten badges off is to use thin fishing line and heat. just slide the line behind the corner of the badge and pull through.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so all they are is stickers??? there wont be any holes when taken off?? and how would i take the sticky residue off without hurting the paint?

·
Registered
27 Posts
none of the cars ive owned have used holes or ne thing like that. its much easier for a company to just slap a sticker on then to drill and mount stuff on every single car.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
so all they are is stickers??? there wont be any holes when taken off?? and how would i take the sticky residue off without hurting the paint?
They are metal emblems with 2 way tape I believe :D

If any residue, use goo gone or 3M adhesive remover and a clean cotton towel.
Re apply polish/wax after you are done :D

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
no im just taking them off because i want a cleaner look. thank you everyone for your help!!
I'm leaving the little GM badges on because my car was built on the day GM declared bankruptcy, which I pretty much consider to be the day it became Government Motors.:lol:

·
Registered
43 Posts
DETROIT (AP) - General Motors Co. will begin removing its "Mark of Excellence" logo from vehicles as the company places greater emphasis on its individual brands.
GM spokesman Terry Rhadigan said Tuesday the company would phase out the placement of the GM logo on its cars and trucks, leaving just the GMC, Chevrolet, Cadillac or Buick logos on the vehicles.

"We really want to elevate the prominence of our four core brands," he said. "It's really going to be an intense focus."

GM is discontinuing or selling its other four brands, Hummer, Saab, Pontiac and Saturn.

The final decision to remove the silver square logo was made earlier this month, although executives had mentioned the possibility of such a move months ago. The company found that consumers had a greater affinity for GM's individual brands than the corporate name.

"What we're seeing is the GM brand gets dinged big time in terms of considering a GM vehicle," said Mike DiGiovanni, GM's executive director of global market and industry analysis, during a monthly sales conference call in April. "But when you look at Chevrolet, Cadillac and our other brands, they haven't changed."

Rhadigan said removing the logo—which is generally placed on the lower section of the door panel—from some models will be more difficult than on others. On vehicles where a specific indentation is made in the sheet metal for the logo, phasing it out will take longer. On models such as the Camero or Equinox, removal is easier, and will begin immediately, Rhadigan said.

Taking the logos off the vehicle will save GM a "nominal" amount of money, Rhadigan said.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
So in the future, what's the possibility of the car being more valuable because it was made with the GM stamp on it? I'm assuming that the VIN of the last car to receive that stamp will be out soon enough. Somebody step through a time portal and let me know when ya get back, thanks :D

·
9,152 Posts
So in the future, what's the possibility of the car being more valuable because it was made with the GM stamp on it? I'm assuming that the VIN of the last car to receive that stamp will be out soon enough. Somebody step through a time portal and let me know when ya get back, thanks :D
I'd bet zero chance.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I'd bet zero chance.
I wonder if anyone will get back to you in 30 years to collect on that bet. I can see it now at a Mecum auto auction in the year 2040... the bids don't get past the reserve on account of the missing GM emblems.:burnout:

·
9,152 Posts
I wonder if anyone will get back to you in 30 years to collect on that bet. I can see it now at a Mecum auto auction in the year 2040... the bids don't get past the reserve on account of the missing GM emblems.:burnout:
subscribe to the thread :lol:
I'll stand by the comment that Camaros that came with the GM emblem will be worth no more than those without based on the emblem alone :D

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Appears our car will be built without it. But if we want, I've got several of those little plastic chromed emblems sitting in my credenza over my desk with nothing to go on, so I can just peel and stick them on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts