Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a bad case of windshield fogginess in my 5th gen and i have tried rainx defogger with no effect, i heard from a little bird that vinegar can solve this issue. it seems a bit far fetched but what can i do? :dunno:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
yeah, mine fogs up a bit...try vinegar, why not?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
this actually made me lol irl haha :lol:
Glad I could at least make you laugh. Couldn't fix the fog problem so I tried the humor route. It gets so humid here in SC that you sometimes need to use your wipers if your a/c is on.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm thinking the "fog" might be the plasticizer that leeches out of all that new plastic. I have to wash mine every few days and it is kinda oily. That is what leads me to believe it will go away soon I hope!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It is all the humidity. As soon as the weather cools down a little you will notice a big difference.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i do turn on the defroster every time and it takes away the majority when its really bad, but even after it being on for 10 minutes, it still has a moist coating, i still have yet to try the vinegar but i will as soon as i get a free 10 minutes lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
You're not going to get rid of it. The 4th gen camaro's had the same issue. It's all the heat from the engine bay that creeps out between the hood and the windshield.

You might as well get used to it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts