Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it everytime I logged on to this site the amount of viewer never add up to how much money I have in my wallet? Like right now there are only 13 people on line. Seems like a small amount compared to other websites.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
can't count the guests as they are spam bots trying to sign up to the site. well 99.9% of the guests are spam bots

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
There just isn't the traffic on this site compared to the other 5th gen site. There is another thread about this topic, and I think one of the biggest issues is where the site is placed when you search for "Camaro" in Google.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
it's nice having a smaller community though. less a$$hats

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
IIRC you're from Highland, IL right markbolt? I grew up in Staunton, not too far from you. Was in Navy boot camp with a guy by the last name of Henderson from Highland back in 1980.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IIRC you're from Highland, IL right markbolt? I grew up in Staunton, not too far from you. Was in Navy boot camp with a guy by the last name of Henderson from Highland back in 1980.
Yeah I moved out here 3 years ago. I'm originally from kentucky, joined the Air Force 24 years ago and now I'm ending my career here at Scott Air Force Base IL.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Agree less is sometimes better. But here I would like to see more members. You would get a broader scope of camaro topics. I'm not really impressed with this site so far.

I keep coming back but I always end up back at Camaro5. They just have a ton of info that this site just doesn't offer. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Feel free to go to the "other site" for information. Come here for the community! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I have fournd a lot of usefull information here, mostly by posting questions. For the first few months I kinda 'lurked' just scanning through other ppls posts, I ended up going to other places looking for answers too, but as I started to read through other site's posts & members responses I started to see that on this site there was way less ***** slapping going on, not being a fourm savvy person I found other places intimidating because even though I have always loved the Camaro, I am genneraly pretty ignorant of automotive modifications and quality care. This site and it's members made me feel comfortable enough to ask the things that I couldn't find the answers to, I think that I would rather have a group of (mainly) non-judgemental members to converse with than a site that has all the info in the world and members that will make you feel like a complete heel just for asking a simple question. When I came up in the electrical trade my first foreman always preched that there were no stupid questions, this site kind of steps in line with that edict.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I have fournd a lot of usefull information here, mostly by posting questions. For the first few months I kinda 'lurked' just scanning through other ppls posts, I ended up going to other places looking for answers too, but as I started to read through other site's posts & members responses I started to see that on this site there was way less ***** slapping going on, not being a fourm savvy person I found other places intimidating because even though I have always loved the Camaro, I am genneraly pretty ignorant of automotive modifications and quality care. This site and it's members made me feel comfortable enough to ask the things that I couldn't find the answers to, I think that I would rather have a group of (mainly) non-judgemental members to converse with than a site that has all the info in the world and members that will make you feel like a complete heel just for asking a simple question. When I came up in the electrical trade my first foreman always preched that there were no stupid questions, this site kind of steps in line with that edict.
I don't know what site you're on... We certainly do *****-slap and are very judgemental :lol:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Why is it everytime I logged on to this site the amount of viewer never add up to how much money I have in my wallet? Like right now there are only 13 people on line. Seems like a small amount compared to other websites.
as of today, id be happy to have as many dollars as people logged on this site hahaha 32

well i do get paid tomorrow... but unemployment isnt great money

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
:thumbsup:

It's also a sunday...and the weather is awesome in most of the country. A lot of us were hopfully out enjoying our cars. ;)

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Do more contributing, and less weinering about it. That's how you'll get things going.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Agree less is sometimes better. But here I would like to see more members. You would get a broader scope of camaro topics. I'm not really impressed with this site so far.

I keep coming back but I always end up back at Camaro5. They just have a ton of info that this site just doesn't offer. Oh well.

Start threads on the topics you want info on then people will gladly give there input :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
With Spring weather in a large part of the US many people are cleaning their cars or driving them up and down the road. No time for playing on the Internet

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
You also have old school folks like my self who have been here awhile (look at registration date) but dont post that often (look at my post count :( ).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts