Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2012 camaro and there's a smell coming from the engine through the air vents into the car. I think it smells like coolant and my husband says it smells like the air from the tires. Either way, it's annoying and the dealerships just shrug it off. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Do you see any signs of leaking/coolant inside the car on the heater plenum or on the carpet on the passenger side? There have been a few that have had their heater cores fail which will cause this type of smell. Does it happen all the time or only when you select a "heat" mode? There is the slight chance it is is drawing in air from the engine bay but that would mean you are missing the weather stripping under the hood. Do you smell it when you are outside the car vs inside?

Maybe a second opinion from a more engaged dealer? :thumbsup:

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
We have a 2012 camaro and there's a smell coming from the engine through the air vents into the car. I think it smells like coolant and my husband says it smells like the air from the tires. Either way, it's annoying and the dealerships just shrug it off. Anyone else have this issue?
Hello ringgoldga2

Our apologies for the frustrations you’re experiencing in dealing with the smells coming from the engine. It appears that you have received some good responses from fellow members here on Modern Camaro as well. I would like to offer further assistance. Could you please private message me your VIN # and complete contact information, I can look further into this issue and possibly provide some more options for you.

Reggie B, Chevrolet Customer Care.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts