Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which do you perfer
me i like screws,i love that whine
and for those clueless to what i'm talking about.I'm talking about Turbos(single or twin) and superchargers(roots,centrifugals,screw types)

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Screws!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I'm a screw fan myself. I had a 6-71 blown BBC (I know...it's "old school")...for a streetcar, the power was insane. The only way I could describe it was VIOLENT at any RPM. If I was gonna buy another, I'd go with a procharger.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm a screw fan myself. I had a 6-71 blown BBC (I know...it's "old school")...for a streetcar, the power was insane. The only way I could describe it was VIOLENT at any RPM. If I was gonna buy another, I'd go with a procharger.
oh violence is good but hey to each his/her own and isn't a 6-71 a roots-type not a screw type?:rotflmao::lol:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
oh violence is good but hey to each his/her own and isn't a 6-71 a roots-type not a screw type?:rotflmao::lol:
yes it is a roots type, but the question wasn't screws, snails or roots.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
I'm a stickler for terminology.........turbos, roots style and centrifugals are all superchargers. Turbos and centrifugals are similar in that they both 'pump' air into the motor using an impeller with the differences being in the drive source. Turbos are driven via exhaust gases while centrifugals are belt driven. Roots style blowers are belt driven, but their advantage is more torque earlier in the powerband. This advantage is due to the positive displacement of the lobes in the roots case.

They all make power, but for me the roots style is superior in all aspects.:roxor:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I may put a Screw my Camaro. I like to hear that whining noise.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:rotflmao::screwy::no::eek:ktodd:

·
Shunt in Trunk
46 Posts
I think GM has the ability to creat a forced induction motor that has both types of blowers. The screw type is much more efficient than a slow snail. Though most people would tend to go the slow route. Thus the whole turbo and nosssss forced induction craze.
But for the 9MM clearance they have under the hood on the 2010 Camaro I would go with a blower that has more nails in it. :D

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
I'm actually leaning to some laughing gas for my 5th gen. NOS baby!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nitrous? why are you picking nitrous oxide?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.