Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my gauge cluster and got it installed.

Long story, but suffice it to say I finally got them. The cherry on top of my sundae.

Now I need to know how to read it.

Oil pressure and volts I have covered. :D

What oil temp should I expect? :confused:

What trans temp should I expect? :confused:

TIA

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Obviously this is highly dependent on your ambient temps where you live. But "normally" the oil temp is around 195 and trans temp around 175 indicated on my gauges. My IR temp gun says oil temp is 190 and trans is 170. This was on a 70 deg day and I had just come back from a mix of cruisin and blastin... :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Obviously this is highly dependent on your ambient temps where you live. But "normally" the oil temp is around 195 and trans temp around 175 indicated on my gauges.
I live in Portland, Oregon and right now the ambient is about 45 F in the daytime and my oil and trans temp are running right about where you are so I guess I'm in the right range. Thanx much.

BTW ...

1LT (but almost an RS)
Black
35% tint
3M Clear Bra
Ground effects
Gauge cluster
Manual 6
Also have the gold Chevy badges blacked out. Looks cool. :D
Was thinking about some kinda stripes but everyone I talk to says leave it black. Even the pump jockey at the fuel stop I go to.

===

@RJ2SS: That's the strange thing. It would have been the thing that at least gave me a clue, but there are no "red" areas on either end of the gauge. Go figger.

http://image.gmhightechperformance.com/f/18242503+w750+st0/0907gmhtp_10_z+2010_chevy_camaro+gauge_cluster.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts