Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was stopped at a traffic light and saw him do a U turn. So of course as I pull away he puts the lights on and swings over to the left lane behind me. As I move to the right lane I see a empty parking lot ahead and continue to a place that is safe for him to exit the car. He whales the siren as if I am John Dillinger. So we get to the lot and I can see he is not all that thrilled I pulled up a extra couple hundred feet.(no shoulder) Yea I could have stopped in the travel lanes much shorter. As I hand him my paperwork I notice he is a Sargent. He asks me about my FOB & PBA cards and then asks where I work. He politely says to me I know it does not look good with a front plate on it but in the state of NJ its a law to have one.
No ticket no harm no foul. Just wish I could have gone until the end of the season without a front plate.

This was one of the reasons I drove around with the temporary for a extra month.

Now I gotta put a front plate on. UGH!!!

What are some decent ones to use without drilling holes in my front bumper cover.

Dave

·
Registered
277 Posts
Oops. Well, we have to have them here in Texas too. I got mine from Jason at JacFab.com. He is a member here.

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/members/racnjsn95.html

I like it a lot. Here are a couple of pics:

https://picasaweb.google.com/113257675502259857343/2011Camaro2SSRSConvertible#5634627014323845154

https://picasaweb.google.com/113257675502259857343/2011Camaro2SSRSConvertible#5634627239932980914

It bolts under the front fascia into two existing threaded holes. It does not touch the front of the car at all.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Can you get away with laying it on the dash or does it have to be mounted a certain place?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was stopped at a traffic light and saw him do a U turn. So of course as I pull away he puts the lights on and swings over to the left lane behind me. As I move to the right lane I see a empty parking lot ahead and continue to a place that is safe for him to exit the car. He whales the siren as if I am John Dillinger. So we get to the lot and I can see he is not all that thrilled I pulled up a extra couple hundred feet.(no shoulder) Yea I could have stopped in the travel lanes much shorter. As I hand him my paperwork I notice he is a Sargent. He asks me about my FOB & PBA cards and then asks where I work. He politely says to me I know it does not look good with a front plate on it but in the state of NJ its a law to have one.
No ticket no harm no foul. Just wish I could have gone until the end of the season without a front plate.

This was one of the reasons I drove around with the temporary for a extra month.

Now I gotta put a front plate on. UGH!!!

What are some decent ones to use without drilling holes in my front bumper cover.

Dave
I have the remote license plate bracket by stow and show by Altec pricey but I love it!!!!

here is a video:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Drilling a few holes in the factory bracket and a few long zip ties and it's a done deal. I put ours on like that a few months ago and it works perfect, I've had it off a few times for events and it has left no marks, good "free" mod!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have the remote license plate bracket by stow and show by Altec pricey but I love it!!!!
That is a nice thing to have for those in states that require front plates. Now when the cop pulls you over for no plates in the front, you can tell him he is mistaken. There is a plate :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Can you get away with laying it on the dash or does it have to be mounted a certain place?
Over simplified but:

Plate on dash + hit from behind = decapitation

A dangerous item that can fly around the cabin in an accident. I wouldn't recommend it. But then that's just me.

Just FYI & FYS.

·
Registered
74 Posts
yeah, i almost took the bracket the dealership installed off yesterday. i just got my plates in. i hate it but it's Texas Law

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine was already on the car when I bought it! I'll live with it. My son took my Camaro to work on Monday and the cop directing traffic in front of where he works asked him how he could afford it and if he could take it for a ride! He said it's my dad's car and only if he could follow in the cop car! **** smart-ass!

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Over simplified but:

Plate on dash + hit from behind = decapitation

A dangerous item that can fly around the cabin in an accident. I wouldn't recommend it. But then that's just me.

Just FYI & FYS.
Simple fix: 2 sided tape. Ain't technology wonderful?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts