Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just going to let it run out since the credit card number they had on file was cancelled anyway. But I heard that it could possibly hurt my credit score. So while I was sitting in the bank parking lot I hit the little blue button and told them I'd like to remove the number from the account. I told them that I've been unemployed for 10 months now and the number was a cancelled card anyway. They told me a lot of people have been cancelling because of job loss.
Long story short I ended up with 3 free months and $12.95 a month after that for a year.

Works for me.

EDIT: And oh yeah, another 100 minutes..plus extending my current minutes. So I got like 3-4 hours of minutes on my car now(all of them free). I just need to find someone to talk to. :\

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Sweet, when mine runs out I am going to remember that, I wonder if the XM will do the same thing?
YES...XM's been calling me trying to get me to sign up, offering discounts.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
380 Posts
I let my XM expire anyway..I don't like satellite radio.
Whoo! Dude. XM is the Ultimate. Well not quite. But it is F*ing awesome. Music from all genre's. Hard Rock, Jazz, Blues, Crap, Comedy, Sports and even easy listening. When I travel cross country I don't have to switch stations if I like what I've been listen too. No more searching for stations when I'm driven thru the mountains. I know, I've got an Ipod too. With tons & tons of music. But I don't have everything. ("****...?") I have XM in all four of my cars, in my house and I have one at my dear mothers home. Shes big into Elvis, Frank, Dino and anything from the big bang, I mean the big band era... :lol: When I was young. I said I'd never pay for these type of services. Oh ya, we didn't have these things. :mad: Now, I have DirecTV XM Radio and Broad Band Internet, Cell phones. Hell, even my car has its own phone number....:lol: Ah, It's good to be the King.... (In my own mind.)

:5thgendrive:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Whoo! Dude. XM is the Ultimate. Well not quite. But it is F*ing awesome. Music from all genre's. Hard Rock, Jazz, Blues, Crap, Comedy, Sports and even easy listening. When I travel cross country I don't have to switch stations if I like what I've been listen too. No more searching for stations when I'm driven thru the mountains. I know, I've got an Ipod too. With tons & tons of music. But I don't have everything. ("****...?") I have XM in all four of my cars, in my house and I have one at my dear mothers home. Shes big into Elvis, Frank, Dino and anything from the big bang, I mean the big band era... :lol: When I was young. I said I'd never pay for these type of services. Oh ya, we didn't have these things. :mad: Now, I have DirecTV XM Radio and Broad Band Internet, Cell phones. Hell, even my car has its own phone number....:lol: Ah, It's good to be the King.... (In my own mind.)

:5thgendrive:
Hellz yeah, on long road trips I would die without XM

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't like XM because satellite radio broadcasts compressed audio(.mp3's) and because of such it sounds crap. Heck..the FM stations I regularly listen to have better sound quality. And XM can't even hold a candle to the sound quality of a CD.
Now if it was free then I wouldn't be so negative on it. But why would I pay for something that is of inferior quality to what I get for free?

EDIT: However, this thread is about OnStar, not XM.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have Sirius and had XM. I know they are the same company now, but sirius has better sound. ANd i love sat radio. It drives me nuts when i drive my g/f's truck that don't have it.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
I'll never subscribe to satellite radio. No reason to for me everything I need is on my ipod.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll never subscribe to satellite radio. No reason to for me everything I need is on my ipod.
I need to fix my MP3 Player so I can use that. And for what it's worth I'll probably put my CD songs on there in lossless .wav format for best quality. But until then I have like 4 completely different radio stations and CD's. Failing that I just turn the radio off and cruise quietly.

However, I DO want a HD Radio receiver. Mainly because it doesn't cost per month. :D

·
Registered
729 Posts
Sweet, when mine runs out I am going to remember that, I wonder if the XM will do the same thing?
xm is doing it too. I still haven't bitten back by turning it back on but I've had like 3 or 4 offers since my turned off (xm), cheaper each time down to like 12 bucks for 2 or 3 months .....AT&T too, we have 4 lines on one account......now what I want to know about is how do I get DirectTV to come up off of some good deal, incentives, that will be the first bill to go. I'm not gonna have this Camaro reposessed, they're not coming to get this Camaro, they're not coming to get this Camaro....just...keep....thinking....positive. I've lost two jobs now since I got the car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts