Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's coming more and more clear I won't be able to really afford a Camaro anytime soon. And I'm itchin for a new vehicle. And I don't want a Cobalt anymore since GM screwed up the 09 model year..can't get pioneer sound system unless you got 2LT..which is automatic only. Which means no XFE.

The G5....can get XFE and pioneer sound system.
Which means I get badass gas mileage and my tunes, too.
Sure it's steel wheels..but I can live with that.
No rear disc brakes..but I can live with that too.
37 MPG..I can dig that.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Looking through the "local inventory" on pontiac.com..there's one with the red sticker MSRP price of $18,000 near by. I sent the dealer that has it a request for a quote.
It's red with ebony interior.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
the g5 is pretty cool. I'd say go for it.:thumbsup:

I think the blue one is best.
Sunroof..pioneer sound system..5spd manual.

Ohhh yeahh.
I requested a quote on it, if all is how it seems..I'm jumping all over that thing like it was the last chopper out of Nam.

EDIT: I am curious about it though, the price seems to be a bit low considering all the options it comes with. Including this:
LPO, SPORT TRIM PACKAGE, includes instrument panel interior trim kit, interior door trim, shift knob trim and Silver Rally Stripe Package (dealer installed)
And it lists, under options, the remote vehicle starter. Which would be impossible to have since it's the 5spd XFE.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Sounds like a decent deal.

You might as well drive over to Swope's and take a look in person to see what options it actually has.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I like the G5's. They look really sporty with optional 5 spoke aluminum rims (GT) trim.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'm going to have to find out what this "high mount spoiler" is on the Aero package that is included..if it's one of those rice-a-rific wings....then I won't want it anymore. :p

Wait..the "options" page on this thing is confusing me...I don't know if it's listing what is included with the vehicle or just AVAILABLE options.

Because it lists BOTH the automatic and manual trans.
And also has ALL emmissions listed.

I have no idea what this thing comes with after all. :x

If someone could run the VIN ( 1G2AS18H297224815 ) and let me know what it actually DOES come with..I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Weaker engine, less MPG.
2009 G5 - Ecotec 2.2 liter DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder with 148 horsepower
25 mpg city/37 mpg highway and 30 mpg combined

http://www.edmunds.com/pontiac/g5/2009/review.html

2007 Pontiac G5
- 2.2-liter, four-cylinder engine that makes 148 hp
The G5 with the manual returns 25 mpg in city driving and 34 mpg on the highway

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=115259

============================
2007 Pontiac C5
www.kbb.com

Excellent condition $10,985
24K miles
Air Conditioning Power Door Locks MP3 (Single CD)
Power Steering Tilt Wheel Dual Front Air Bags
Power Windows AM/FM Stereo Rear Spoiler

Spend a few hundred on a new stereo and you're in business :thumbsup:

Those numbers are basically the same and close enough to make me want to save a few thousand by buying a used one to me, let someone else take the big depreciation :D

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
The only bad thing about used can be the financing rate. Sometimes its better to buy new.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
It's coming more and more clear I won't be able to really afford a Camaro anytime soon. And I'm itchin for a new vehicle. And I don't want a Cobalt anymore since GM screwed up the 09 model year..can't get pioneer sound system unless you got 2LT..which is automatic only. Which means no XFE.

The G5....can get XFE and pioneer sound system.
Which means I get badass gas mileage and my tunes, too.
Sure it's steel wheels..but I can live with that.
No rear disc brakes..but I can live with that too.
37 MPG..I can dig that.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Looking through the "local inventory" on pontiac.com..there's one with the red sticker MSRP price of $18,000 near by. I sent the dealer that has it a request for a quote.
It's red with ebony interior.

I say get the Cobalt....oh, and a price from me :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
E-mail I got from a dealer here:
"Nicholas,
The 09 Pontiac G5 Coupe has a black exterior with a ebony (black) cloth interior with a 7 speaker system. The MSRP is $17,110.88. The special sale price including incentives is $15,410.88 plus applicable tax and license fees. We usually apply a special exterior and interior coating called resistall/touch of class valued at $695. I will be working tomorrow from 9AM to 6PM. When would you like to come in and discuss the details?"

Of course..that $695 "touch of class" thing won't happen if I buy it.

Not a big fan of black exterior (pain in the ass to keep clean)..but I can make do.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts