Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This..?

I'm sure everyone and their brother saw pics of this car, all claiming to be the "New Camaro" (most claiming to have some "inside GM source connection" too... :rolleyes: )... but whatever happened to this? Was this car REALLY a possible 5th gen or just a figment of someone's creative imagination..? :confused:

And for the record, I definitely think the actual new car is far better looking than whatever this is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yankee said:
Was this car REALLY a possible 5th gen or just a figment of someone's creative imagination..? :confused:
The latter. It was a beautifully-rendered design student's conceptualization of a potential fifth generation Camaro.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I like the front end on that car, but the top and back look a bit too MR2ish for me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty much as I suspected - there were a few other mockup pics floating around too, I wish I could find them. I just remember seeing these pics and someone else would always seem to say "I've got a friend who's a GM designer..." (yeah right :rolleyes: ) and claim that these were the pics of the "new" Camaro (of course back then we had absolutely nothing else to go on, the term "new Camaro" seemed like a forbidden term at GM just a couple of years ago).

Actually the car doesn't look too bad, but I think that front end looks a little out of place with the rest of the car. I'm glad we have what debuted instead.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I never did like that concept. There were a lot more that were out on the internet that I thought was better.

·
2,774 Posts
this was one of the "first" cars that got the ball rolling as far as the 5th gen hype you have seen build up over the last 3 years. Kris H.'s designs are legendary and awsome works of art. Yes alot of people thought this car was the one that GM was brining out..he was supposed to do a 5th gen rendering before the car came out on what was told, never saw that car. I think he was to tied up..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts