Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will probably be locked, but there is a guy that has offered up for sale some truly rare GM 3rd gen iron to the public.

See this thread, look at the cars he is offering to the public.
http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/history-restoration/546822-car-collection-sale.html

The fourth and fifth gen F bodies offer NOTHING remotely close to the rarity of these vehicles. This guy is serious, please dont low ball him. He owns the best collection of 3rd gens on the planet and is only considering parting with some of them due to storage costs.

I hope he finds a different sourc to store the cars, but if you have the meens, feel free to purchase.

·
8,984 Posts
Very nice 1LEs. No 92s, very strange. I miss mine.

One question, why are so so ANTI 4th and 5th gen on a 5th gen site. Just wondering as this is the 2nd post that I have seen you make dogging the rarity values of aforementioned vehicles.

No harm meant, just wondering about your point of view.

·
8,984 Posts
Oh these guys just do not get it even when you explain it to them through Hooked on phonics, level one.

Your Glock 17 will never be as rare as my 1904 Hino.

I mean that is plain dumb. You should not compare a vehicle that is MASS produced and JUST rolling of the line to cars that were purpose built and not mass produced.

That's like saying 4 will never be more than 5. No Sh!t, Sherlock, well not at least in simple math anyways! :lol:

Rarity alone does not make a car better or more valuable. It make there production numbers less. DEMAND make them worth more along with a lack of supply.

Hell, as most of you know, I have a 1984 Dodge Rampage Prospector. VERY Rare in the annals of car history, solely based on the production run. Add into it the Prospector package and very few actually made it threw the first winter without dissapearing into thin air from Rust.

But god knows, it does not make it better than anything, well maybe the Subaru Brat.

It's an idiotic discussion at best.

But, please don't let the AH stop you.

I am enjoying myself.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Insulting him? Adam's attitude on this site has been piss poor. He used to be mature for his age, but he's fallen into being a little smart ass and I, for one, am sick of it. He plays the sarcasm game across the rest of the board, but someone else is sarcastic with him and all of a sudden it's insulting.

Adam, grow up kid. You're on a 5th Gen Camaro website. Stop trying to be whatever everyone else isn't. Going against the grain for no purpose is POINTLESS. You intentionally poke at others and get surprised when others poke back. I'm sick of you Pro-Mustang, Pro-Nissan, "I love only thirdgens" BS. It's old.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
If it isn't the lounge or 3rd-gen section I'm actually pretty good. I know better to cause problems on other parts of the board that are actually productive. All 3rd-gen forum has been HBZ28 and Lounge is full of kids. Rest of the board is great though.

BTW: I'm just as pro-mustang & pro-nissan as I'm pro-camaro.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Go Dev!!!

On the other hand and getting back to topic, I love that Blue Iroc-z, but I can't say I would like to own any of these cars. Too expensive, and too nice, I'd have nightmares every night about a nut or something falling on the car and putting a dent in it. I would like to have a nice car, but not something uber rare. Good luck with the sale, hopefully these cars will go to owners who will take excellent care of them.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Go Dev!!!

On the other hand and getting back to topic, I love that Blue Iroc-z, but I can't say I would like to own any of these cars. Too expensive, and too nice, I'd have nightmares every night about a nut or something falling on the car and putting a dent in it. I would like to have a nice car, but not something uber rare. Good luck with the sale, hopefully these cars will go to owners who will take excellent care of them.

Are you kidding???

If I wasn't a broke college kid, I'd take out a loan and pick up that 89 1LE 305 T5 in a heart beat and go clean house in F-Stock at SCCA events. Keep it all original and in great repair, but it wouldn't be a garage queen. Put some Eagle F1 GS-D3's on it and it'd be a blast.

Wait a sec, they give out loans for educational expenses. I'm pretty sure driving classes for a race car qualify as an educational expense. Albeit, the classes probably wouldn't be $60k:D

·
Registered
359 Posts
Why buy a 1LE car just to "have fun" with it? That is stupid. Buy a 305tpi motor, throw it in an Thirdgen, put a t5 in, take out the A/C and radio, and put gears in it... you could build the same car for $50,000 less, but it won't be rare. You put mileage on a 1LE and beat the piss out of it and race it and that car will be worth nothing. If I had it, it would sit in a climate controlled garage, and trailered to car shows. Maybe take it out a few times a year to cruise in. Glad you are a broke college kid, if you weren't, that 1LE would be seeing a lot of rain and snow. No offense to you, but a car like that is really better off in a museum.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
They made the 1LE cars to compete on the track, not at car shows. Most of them were racing, especially the R7U cars.

Cars with thorough documentation of [winning] racing history will fetch a pretty penny as time goes on. Just look at the 1st gens of the same caliber.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts