Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok the short throw shifter is in, now do I put long tube headers with the stock exhaust (for now) or go with cat-back? new hood and stripes? and the big one is supercharger with or without a cold air intake??? The wife is cool with what ever I want to do but i just want to do it right the first time!!! so would it be wise to go cat back ,long tube,hood,supercharger ???? way to many cool parts to get !!!!:lol:

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Tough questions, but you' are asking the right questions to the best people and sure to get great help. Hope it works out for you!

·
Registered
155 Posts
There are some different size long tubes out there. By different sizes I mean different primary tube sizes. If everything you have listed is your ultimate goal then you'll want to make sure you choose an appropriate exhaust system that will handle the increase air flow of a supercharged engine. That being said a properly size exhaust system for a supercharger may not always be the best size for a naturally aspirated engine. So if you do the exhaust first and don't do the supercharger for a little while then your exhaust choice could (not saying it will but it could) reduce the performance of your car while it is still naturally aspirated. Bottom line it make sure you pick components now that will be compatible with the components you plan to add later. You have to look at the total end package in the beginning, not just at that moment in time.
Good luck!! I wish I could say I had permission from the wife to go crazy on mods for my car!!

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
Well, I drove around for a while with LT's and HFC's into the factory cat-back, and I really liked the sound. The main reason for dropping the factory cat-back was those hideous looking trash can mufflers. I went with my 1 7/8 headers so I'll still be ok with my future cam upgrade. But then that's all I'm going to do to my engine.

If you are going to supercharge, I'd say get everything in place and then intall all at once.....Good Luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
193 Posts
the factory catback flows fairly well... if you dont have a cai then that and headers would be good choices for small power mods.. What about handling ? Satisfied with it ? There are some decent mods there to be done as well

1 7/8 on the headers and you will be fine.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys and gals. yep still love the car but I'm trying to set mine apart from everyone else and have some more hp!!! I've had a car with 400+ hp and it was fun so I would like a 500+ hp camaro

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I agree with above idea.... Get it all ready have everything you need and do it all in one big lump so everything is tuned one time and done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Question: Are you going to do Cam and Heads?
If not save your money on headers until you do your heads and cam,you won't get anymore HP with stock heads and cam.
Do somemore homework and check you local speed shop or tuner and if you go with headers,get the long tube;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
really didnt think about heads and a new cam, and yes its gonna be long tube headers, there are no speed shops where I live but hey there are alot of corn fields!!!!

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts