Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am in the market to buy a Camaro. Originally I wanted a 2SS and after I decided to get a convertible and unfortunately buying both 2SS and a Convert would break the bank so I decided on the 2LT. I am also getting it for the better gas mileage.

I rented a V6 Coupe twice now, the first trip was about 8 hour round trip and second was 20 hour round trip and I absolutely loved driving the car. Both times it was an automatic and surprisingly enough the auto was very responsive and very smooth to drive, accelerated like a champ.

My previous Camaro was a V6 Manual and I always wanted to get a Manual for my new Camaro but after driving the Auto I am starting to wonder if I should get the auto? I want to have the car for little bit of power even though its not a V8 but I wanted to know from owners on why one is better over the other.

Also, I would like to eventually replace the Receiver in the car because I really think the design for the display in particular looks so plain and boring so are there any good after market receivers that would fit in that unique spot?

I have few more questions but I will post them later, Thank you!

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
The auto has 3 modes,
Auto, Sport, and TapShift.

There's a company that makes a replacement console for an aftermarket radio, if you want the plainer look of an ordinary car.

·
Registered
376 Posts
V6 or v8 convert or hard top.I have own my CGM 2010 2SS RS M6 with the sun roof for just about 2years now i have not driven any other type in the 5th GEN but I'm so happy with her I don't care what the others have to offer, she's that good. I'm willing to bet what ever you go with you will be very happy, the camaro in all is that good or even better. One other thing my 2010 2SS is my 8th camaro and by far the best.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
3,081 Posts
V6 or v8 convert or hard top.I have own my CGM 2010 2SS RS M6 with the sun roof for just about 2years now i have not driven any other type in the 5th GEN but I'm so happy with her I don't care what the others have to offer, she's that good. I'm willing to bet what ever you go with you will be very happy, the camaro in all is that good or even better. One other thing my 2010 2SS is my 8th camaro and by far the best.
Feel the same way about mine.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
588 Posts

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Well I guess we have the Best of Both Worlds, I have a 2SS/RS A6 and my wife has a 2LT/RS Vert A6 and we Both Love them both.. Mine's turning into more of a Show Car, a Work in Progress and Here's is her DD and the Trip Car for the most part because of the Gas Milage & the Fact that it only takes Reg Gas... I moved a friends Manual Fri Night and really Glad ours are Automatics... My Advice is just like Hotrod, Get what ever makes U Happy, after all U'll be the one driving it!!!! Good Luck in Ur Decision!!!!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have a 2SS Convertible M6 and love it a lot. I also like the V6, both auto and manual. If it is going to be a daily driver I would opt for an Auto. If you get an SS (V8), the manual is nice since you get a true LS3 without the cylinder deactivation + a few more horses.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just bought the 2LT 45th edition with an automatic and love this car.

Only have 175 miles on it so far...but glad I went Auto

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome guys thanks for the advice. I was pricing the 2012 with all the options I wanted which was basically the inferno orange seats with the convertible and the stiching throughout. USAA gave me a price of 37K does that sound about right? It seems a little high, but I guess I can see that it's a little more since it's the top model for the V6.

Anyone know what the best way to approach buying to order the model you want and also to get the best price. I am a USAA member, in the military and graduated college this year. I heard internet sales is the usually the best way to go. Any other advice I should know about that I didn't mention? And, since it's been a while since I bought a new car what other fees am I expecting to pay upon purchase? If I am getting quoted 37K what am I really going to pay for bottomline? Thanks for your good words!

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Awesome guys thanks for the advice. I was pricing the 2012 with all the options I wanted which was basically the inferno orange seats with the convertible and the stiching throughout. USAA gave me a price of 37K does that sound about right? It seems a little high, but I guess I can see that it's a little more since it's the top model for the V6.

Anyone know what the best way to approach buying to order the model you want and also to get the best price. I am a USAA member, in the military and graduated college this year. I heard internet sales is the usually the best way to go. Any other advice I should know about that I didn't mention? And, since it's been a while since I bought a new car what other fees am I expecting to pay upon purchase? If I am getting quoted 37K what am I really going to pay for bottomline? Thanks for your good words!
I will say this, when using USAA's car buying service website I was paying over MSRP for this car.

I think I still have the screen grab showing this. Instead I did my own research and got it at a dealer on the good list that didn't do mark up!

Anna (Little Bank Robber), Eric Hall, and Camaroscotty are all on the good list. Check with one of them!

·
Registered
5,298 Posts

Send an email to [email protected] with the options you want... I can give you a price. And your zip code where you live so I can figure out shipping to your door -

1 - 15 of 15 Posts